Job Reference: 55878
- Newham, Greater London
- £32 - £32 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Education are looking for a temporary School Nurse to work in the London Borough of Newham. This position is initially for a period of 3 months and is paying £32.00 per hour (paid to you via an umbrella company).
To develop, implement and evaluate a comprehensive school health service that is aimed to continuously improve standards of health and social care for the school aged population; and the facilitation of collaborative and multi-professional working across professional and organisational boundaries in partnership with key statutory and voluntary organisations.
This will be achieved through leadership and clinical excellence for our staff and involvement, self-care and personalisation for our service users; taking into account corporate and directorate objectives within the clinical governance framework which underpins the National Service Framework and Healthy Child Programme.
- Provide a service to a caseload of children as the named school nurse in appropriate settings such as school, clinic, home, youth clubs, special educational units and other educational establishments.
- Identify and work in partnership to provide a service to vulnerable and socially excluded children who may or may not be attending school.
- Work collaboratively within the Integrated Neighbourhood Teams, in partnership with children, young people, parents / carers and other agencies, e.g. education, social services, other healthcare workers and the voluntary sector to meet the needs of children and young people.
- Complete a targeted school entry health assessment for children entering a school in Newham. This includes the screening of vision, hearing, growth, general health and any other concerns/problems as identified.
- Complete an annual review assessment for children ‘looked after’ attending a Newham school.
- Work in partnership with immunisation nurses to achieve immunisation programmes targets through liaison with parents / carers, pupils, schools and the community pharmacist in line with relevant policies to plan and deliver the school based immunisation programmes.
- Plan, deliver and evaluate health promotion activities in line with the school health curriculum, public health and locally agreed priorities.
- Offer individual support and advice to children, young people, parents / carers, teachers and other professionals.
- Demonstrate user involvement through surveys, meetings, focus groups etc. to plan for meeting the needs of the community.
- Identify and devise appropriate individualised health care plan for the school aged child through continuous development, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care. Contribute to the assessment and review of special education and medical needs.
- Qualifications: School Nurse qualification / degree. SCPHN (post- registration training).
- Experience: 1+ year of post-graduate experience within a similar role.
- Compliance: Proof of ability to work and live in the UK. Current DBS check and references covering the last 2 years.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 36 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Education:
We have been helping teachers find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK education, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.