Job Reference: 60021
School Transport Inspector
- Northampton, Northamptonshire
- £250 - £300 per day
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking or a temporary School Transport Inspector to work in Northampton. This position is initially for a period of 6 months and is paying £250.00 – £300.00 per day (paid to you via an umbrella company).
To carry out contractual audits of school transport and public bus services to ensure that they are operating reliably and within the terms of the contracts for services provided to give public satisfaction and best value for the County Council.
- To schedule and carry out onsite inspections to ensure that all contractors have the relevant licences, insurances and CRBs/DBS in place to ensure that all relevant KPIs are completed as required.
- To observe and monitor transport contracts to ensure that they are carried out to their specific requirements and carry out checks on vehicles, drivers , Passenger Assistants and equipment provision (Where applicable)
- To detail these inspections and complete reports so that further action can be taken when necessary to ensure services offer an efficient service and give best value to the client.
- To carry out surveys on public buses to find out whether the contracted service gives satisfaction to the service user.
- To monitor and report on the behaviour of pupils and students travelling on the school buses to help control unacceptable conduct that impacts on the safety and comfort of other passengers.
- To liaise with schools in the co-ordination of whole transport inspections carried out in conjunction with VOSA and Northamptonshire Police and to build working relationships with Licencing Officers.
- To carry out assessment of journeys and pick up/drop off destinations of routes and highlight any potential health and safety risk.
- To carry out investigations concerning issues arising from transport contracts.
- To oversee investigations concerning safeguarding allegations/concerns and ensure where cases are proven, that records are maintained on such individuals to ensure that they are not utilised on contracts in the future.
- To carry out training/presentations that will contribute to improving contract quality
- GCSE /NVQ Level 2 in Transport/Auditing background or equivalent experience in a transport role for a passenger transport company.
Experience: Same as above.
Compliance: Proof of ability to work and live in the UK. References covering the last 3 years.
Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Education:
We have been helping teachers find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK education, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.