Job Reference: 55443
Schools Financial Advisor
- Northampton, Northamptonshire
- £15.55 - £20.15 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for a temporary Schools Finance Advisor/School Bursar to work with the local authority in Northamptonshire. This position is initially for a period of 4-6 months and is paying £15.55 per hour (PAYE) / £20.15 per hour (Umbrella)
The post is located in the Integrated Finance Service in the LGSS Finance Directorate and provides Schools Traded Finance Services. The Schools Traded Finance team and in particular the Schools Financial Advisor are responsible for:
- Delivering services as defined in the respective schools traded services SLAs and generating income from these activities;
- Advice and support on finance to budget managers in schools;
- Supporting schools in the operation of their local financial systems;
- Promoting high standards of financial management.
- To provide strategic financial advice, support and challenge to schools. To provide operational financial advice, support and challenge to schools.
- To provide training to support schools in the management of their finances.
- To work with the Schools Corporate team to contribute to the development of financial systems and processes for schools.
- To work with the Schools Corporate team in respect of corporate responsibilities such as, but not limited to, schools causing concern and adherence to school financial regulations.
- Provide technical support on the finance and personnel modules of SIMS and advising schools on how to properly record their expenditure and income so that returns including CFR (Consistent Financial Reporting) are accurate.
- To undertake other tasks as required by the Schools Team Manager in the delivery of the Schools Traded Services.
- Qualifications: AAT qualified or equivalent qualification or extensive relevant experience.
- Experience: Extensive knowledge & understanding of maintaining good working relationships in the delivery of financial advice services.
- Compliance: Proof of ability to work and live in the UK. References covering the last 3 years.
- Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Education:
We have been helping teachers find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK education, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.