SEN Advisory Officer
- Location: Ellesmere Port, England
- Salary: £22.48 - £27.99 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
- Contact: Sam Boggis
Seven Resourcing are looking for 2 SEN Advisory Officers to work in Ellesmere Port, Cheshire. These positions are initially for a period of 3 months and is paying £22.48 (PAYE) or £27.99 (umbrella) per hour. The working hours are Monday – Friday from 9am – 5pm.
To contribute to the meeting of local authority targets regarding statements of SEN and Education Health and Care plans and to make an effective contribution to other local authority targets including raising the achievement of pupils identified with SEN, reducing out of borough provision and reduction of exclusions.
To monitor SEN provision according to quality standards introduced by the authority for individual pupils with SEN.
To provide advice on issues related to efficient and effective inclusive education provision for pupils with SEN.
- Advise schools in setting up systems for early identification of pupils with SEN and advise on making effective provision having regard to the relevant Education Acts and any current SEN Code of Practice.
- Advise schools in setting ups systems for planning, monitoring and evaluating their provision for pupils with SEND linked to the use of SEND funding
- Monitor SEN provision for individual pupils to ensure that provision is appropriate and pupils are making expected progress and, where appropriate challenge and intervene to bring about improvement
- Monitor and review statements of SEN and EHC plans attending review meetings at schools (including out of borough) where appropriate and ensure that appropriate provision, including curriculum differentiation and teaching and learning is being made in meeting pupils special educational needs and the requirements of their statements and EHC plans
- Assist the SEN Manager with appeals and complaints in their role to represent the authority at the Special Educational Needs Tribunal. To support with any correspondence with the DfE and voluntary organisations regarding any relevant issues
- Monitor the deployment of schools delegated SEN funding in terms of the appropriateness of provision and the impact of pupils progress and where appropriate work with other LA teams to bring about improvement
- Make an effective contribution to the School Improvement programme and ensure appropriate support for schools with weaknesses identified by the LA and OFSTED
- Contribute to and develop training and guidance to support schools in raising pupils attainment and reducing the number of SEN statements and reducing exclusions
- Contribute to an annual service development plan and report and to meet team performance targets and measures related to this post
- Advise schools on appropriate pathways to other services, agencies and voluntary organisations
- University Degree at grade 2:2 or above.
Experience: 1+ year of experience within a similar role.
Compliance: Proof of ability to work and live in the UK. Current DBS and 2 x references.
Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Education:
We have been helping teachers find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK education, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.