SEN Assessment Coordinator
- Location: Exeter, England
- Salary: £11.59 - £13.76 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
- Contact: Sam Boggis
Seven Resourcing are looking for a temporary SEN Assessment Coordinator to work in Exeter. This position is initially for a period of 2 months and is paying £11.59 PAYE or £13.76 umbrella per hour. Part-time or full-time candidates will be considered. Candidates can predominantly work from home with 1 day per week in the office.
- To support the Virtual School SEN Officer in the delivery of a specialised service in relation to the work of the SEN 0-25 Team and to ensure the Authority carries out its duties under the 1996 Education Act and the DCSF SEN Code of Practice.
- To take direct responsibility for our Children in Care with an Education, Health & Care Plan, dealing independently with queries from parents, Headteachers, SEN Coordinators and other service users for children and young people undergoing statutory assessment.
- To take direct responsibility for the timely receipt and collation of reports and advice in relation to the statutory assessment of Children in Care who have special educational needs and ensure completion within statutory timescales. The post holder will independently monitor and log the receipt of reports and check for outstanding advice on a frequent basis and write or telephone to chase advice from providers (daily).
- To take responsibility and provide a good level of support to parents through the processes, including providing advice to parents and professionals on processes and timescales. The post holder will be expected to deal with and resolve the majority of calls and enquiries relating to Statutory Assessments and processes independently without escalating the issue or needing to pass the caller on.
- To provide support to the Virtual School SEN Officer with word processing, filing, photocopying etc, as required.
- To take responsibility for the receipt and logging of Annual Review reports, sending out the statutory reminders and monitor receipt, chasing by letter or telephone when reports are overdue.
- GCSE with passes in English and Maths or equivalent Highly literate and numerate.
Experience: 1+ year of experience in a similar role.
Compliance: Proof of ability to work and live in the UK. Current DBS and references covering the last 3 years.
Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
Hours: Part-time or full-time candidates.
Working with Seven Education:
We have been helping teachers find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK education, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.