Job Reference: 62230
SEN Assistant Case Officer
- Central London, Greater London
- £25 - £25 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for a temporary SEN Assistant Case Officer to work with the London Borough of Newham. This position is initially for a period of 3 months and is paying £25.00 per hour (paid to you via an umbrella company). The working hours are Monday – Friday from 9am – 5pm.
The post holder is responsible for supporting the effective administration under the Education Act 1996 and Children and Families Act 2014 of the statutory assessment of children and young people’s special educational needs, including their subsequent placement, monitoring and annual review.
The post holder will report into the SEND Senior Case Officer, this role does not have line management or budget responsibilities. However, needs to show budget awareness so that accurate recording/projects are completed within budget and relevant procedures followed.
To support the overall aims of the SEND Statutory Service through efficient and effective coordination and administrative support service delivery for children and families.
To act as an Assistant Case Officer within the SEND team in the development and delivery and review of planning, performance, commissioning services for children, young people, their families and carers so that overall costs are reduced but the life chances of children and young people are maximised in line with the SEND Code of Practice and Children and Families Act 2014.
- To support the Council’s vision to enable every resident under 25 to be safe, happy and cared for, with positive activities to secure their long-term wellbeing.
- To ensure that the SEND service receives high quality administrative and business support to deliver effective services for children and families.
- To be responsible for the administration and correspondence related to assessments, statements and placement (statutory and non-statutory) of children and young people with complex SEN including those with statements, tribunals and exceptional resource funding.
- To be the first point of contact for communication with families, setting and schools regarding a range of issues including assessments and placements of children with SEND. Uphold the council’s customer standards through things including putting yourself in resident and colleague’s shoes, displaying courtesy, and displaying a positive and solution focused mindset, being as helpful as possible as soon as possible.
- To deal with a range of queries from the public and from other staff, including senior management, in a polite and helpful manner, seeking advice or guidance from senior staff as appropriate and upholding the council’s customer services.
- To follow key processes which support,maintain and enhance the standing of the authority in respect of the delivery of services for SEND.
- To be ‘hands on’ in supporting staff in the service in delivering child and family support and enacting plans i.e. by booking and following up appointments, liaising with internal and external partners and taking a proactive approach to finding solutions.
- To support the delivery of effective communications across the service and with external partners and families including writing and co-ordinating newsletters, updating the local offer website content and supporting the development of presentations.
- Educated to degree level, or equivalent level of work experience relevant or similar to the field.
Experience: Experience of working in SEND or with services linked to children, young people and families.
Compliance: Proof of ability to work and live in the UK. Current DBS check and references covering the last 5 years.
Hours: 36 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Education:
We have been helping teachers find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK education, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.