Job Reference: 56363
SEN Case Officer
- Shrewsbury, Shropshire
- £18.63 - £23.21 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for 3 temporary SEN Case Officers to work in Shrewsbury, Shropshire. 2 of these positions are full-time and 1 part-time (3 days per week). The contracts are initially for a period of 3 months and will be paying from £18.63 – £23.21 per hour (PAYE and Umbrella payment options available).
The post holder is required to support the Special Educational Needs Service Manager in the efficient and effective delivery of the statutory functions of the Local Authority in the efficient and effective delivery of the statutory functions of the Local Authority.
The main purpose of the post is to enable young people with learning difficulties & disabilities to achieve their full potential at key transition points, and in so doing, make suitable, well informed decisions about next steps in education, training or employment.
- To write and amend Education Health and Care plans and manage casework throughout the Education, Health and Care needs assessment (EHCNA) from first referral to completion ensuring a person centred approach and functions are carried out in line with LA policies and SEN legislation to the standards and timescales expected in the Code of Practice 0-25.
- To support settings ensuring pupils needs are identified and appropriately met at SEN Support.
- To take a lead role in the Graduated Support Pathway, including reviewing the effectiveness of the process.
- To contribute to Panel Decisions regarding provision and placement of children and young people with Education Health and Care Plans.
- Responsibility for managing SEN casework and monitoring including the transition casework in Preparation for Adulthood, ensuring functions are carried out in line with SEN legislation and LA policy meeting all statutory timescales.
- To provide support and appropriate challenge when required to settings including headteachers, principals and agencies.
- To monitor progress of children and young people with an Education Health and Care Plan working with the Annual Review Officers to identify any concerns.
- To support the Senior Case managers with complex case work, this may include external Arbitration and Mediation Services.
- Qualifications: University Degree at grade 2:2 or above (desirable, not essential).
- Experience: Relevant experience within SEN.
- Compliance: Proof of ability to work and live in the UK. Current DBS check and references covering the last 3 years.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: Full-time and part-time roles available.
Working with Seven Education:
We have been helping teachers find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK education, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.