Job Reference: 59837
SEN CASEWORK OFFICER
- Devon, Devon
- £25 - £25 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Education is looking for SEN Casework Officers’ in Devon County Council
To support the Head of the County Special Education Team in the delivery of a specialised service in relation to the work of the County Special Education Team and to ensure the Authority carries out its duties under the Education Act 1996 and the DfE SEN Code of Practice.
- To have day to day responsibility for the administration of the patch caseload including day to day management of the Area Team SEN Administrators to ensure completion of work within statutory timescales. .
- To manage the administrative processes for the statutory assessment of children with special educational needs consistently to ensure that assessments are completed and statements issued within the statutory timescales.
- To be the first and main contact for parents, Headteachers, SEN Co-ordinators and other service users in relation to the caseload (approximately 700 cases).
- To take responsibility for undertaking less complex casework , including providing effective verbal/written advice to parents, schools and professionals in relation to provision, school placements, change of school, children moving in and out of Devon and implementing action, taking into account the SEN Code of Practice, and related legislation and the Authority’s own policies and practices.
- To work closely with the SEN Casework Manager to ensure consistent quality of work, checking for accuracy, and achievement of deadlines.
Working with Seven Education:
Established in 2011, Seven Education is a leading provider of teachers to private and public schools across the UK. We provide both temporary and permanent solutions, working with teachers and lecturers covering KS1, all the way up to KS5 and beyond.
Seven Education is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available teaching staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of teaching; including Lecturers, Head Teachers, Assistant Head Teachers, Secondary School, Primary School, Teaching Assistants and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Teacher who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Education. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.
For more exclusive teaching jobs across the UK, please call 0333 200 5424.