- Location: Oxford, England
- Salary: £18.86 - £24.05 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
- Contact: Olivia Seal
Seven Education has an opportunity available as a Sen Officer with Oxfordshire County Council.
This job is fully remote and the contract is 23/01/2023 – 31/03/2023, the hours would be 09:00 – 17:00 (37 hours).
On behalf of the citizens of Oxfordshire and the County Council:
- to be responsible for aspects SEN casework , for children and young people aged 0 to 25, working with the SEN Casework Team across Oxfordshire in Banbury, Abingdon and Oxford.
- to develop and secure the highest standards of achievement and inclusion for children and young people with SEN within the policy and budget framework of the Council;
- to assist in the development of policy, procedures and provision for children with SEN;
This post holder is responsible for ensuring that all Safeguarding Policies are adhered to and concerns are raised in accordance with these policies
Manage the full process around the assessment of children and young people with special educational needs in accordance with the SEN Code of Practice including
o Identifying those requiring need assessments
o Co-ordinating assessments
o Writing Post Assessment Summaries and EHC plans
o Preparing paperwork for SEND panels
o Liaising with schools, parents/carers and other agencies
- Maintain and update on a regular basis, the information held on the SEN service files and databases and to retrieve data and produce management information reports as required.
- Participate in the Local Authority’s systems for monitoring and quality assurance for children and young people with SEN.
- Undertake such other duties as may be required from time to time by the Lead Officer and senior managers.
Educational achievements, Qualifications, Training and Knowledge:
* Higher education (degree or equivalent)
* Knowledge of the Code of Practice for SEN and new SEND reforms (Sept 2014), including identification, assessments and provision.
*Experience and regular use of Microsoft Office applications
* SEN in schools and/or LA central administration
* Ability to use own initiative
* Proven ability to work effectively under pressure
* Knowledge of the Code of Practice for SEN, including identification, assessments and provision.
*Good Keyboard skills.
* Proven ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally
* Ability to work effectively as member of a team
* Effective organisational skills
* Ability to prioritise work
* Flexible approach to duties and working hours as necessary
* Proven record of good working relationships with other services.
* Satisfactory enhanced Criminal Records Bureau disclosure(DBS)
* The ability to travel independently to a variety of premises, sometimes at short notice.
Job related skills
* Proven ability to manage difficult and sensitive issues/ interpersonal situations
* Knowledge of SEN provision in schools
* Qualified Teacher Status
Working with Seven Education:
Established in 2011, Seven Education is a leading provider of teachers to private and public schools across the UK. We provide both temporary and permanent solutions, working with teachers and lecturers covering KS1, all the way up to KS5 and beyond.
Seven Education is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified, and available teaching staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of teaching; including Lecturers, Head Teachers, Assistant Head Teachers, Secondary School, Primary School, Teaching Assistants, and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2022, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity, and attention to detail.