SEN Travel Officer – Reading Borough Council
- Location: Reading, England
- Salary: £25 - £30 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
- Contact: Michael Bowen
Seven Social Care is looking for a SEN Travel Officer at Reading Borough Council
We need someone who is confident in making recommendations about the type of SEN Travel assistance a child or young person requires based on their assessment of their needs and circumstances.
Also, someone who will be able to give parents confidence in their decisions so I would want someone with experience in this role already ideally.
We are looking to change expectations out in the community so we need someone with a level of maturity or a mature approach to persuading parents to try other forms of SEN Travel Assistance other than private hire vehicles.
The role is to work with families to determine the most effective and efficient way to provide SEN Travel assistance when they have requested this from BFFC:
To make contact with and visit all applicants for SEN Travel Assistance in advance of the decision being taken on how to provide this to determine which form of assistance is necessary such as:-
- Provision of a bus pass or companion pass for an adult to accompany a child to school
- Travel training is appropriate and will be the provision that is made
- Provision of mileage allowance or a personal budget allowance to enable the child to be taken to school by the parent in their own vehicle
- Provision of a place on a shared vehicle
- Whether or not it is safe for the child to travel without an escort
- Whether a single use vehicle is necessary for behavioural or medical reasons only
Working with Seven Social Care:
Established in 2011, Seven Social Care is a leading provider of social care professionals to county councils, charities, hospitals, care homes and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of social care; including Children and Adults, Mental Health, Substance Misuse, Community, Support Work and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Social Worker who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Social Care. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.
For more exclusive Social Worker jobs, please visit our website by searching ‘Seven Social Care’ on Google, or call 0333 200 5424.