- Location: Portsmouth, England
- Salary: £19.41 - £19.41 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
- Contact: Sam Boggis
Seven Resourcing are looking for a temporary SEND Adviser to work in Portsmouth. This position is initially for a period of 5 months and is paying £19.41 per hour (paid to you via an umbrella company).
You will be responsible for coordinating the statutory Education, Health and Care Needs assessment process and monitoring and reviewing Education, Health and Care Plans for children and young people who have significant, long term and complex special educational needs and/or disabilities.
- Ensure that the statutory assessment and reviewing and monitoring procedures are followed in accordance with the SEND legislation.
Liaise with education, health and care professionals to ensure they contribute to the EHC needs assessment and development of an EHC Plan by providing clear, accessible and specific information and advice that is limited to their area of expertise, in consultation with the child or young person, their family and other agencies as appropriate.
Collate and summarise professional information and advice and the views and aspirations of the child or young person and their parents or carers into a statutory EHC Plan ensuring legal compliance in accordance with the SEND legislation.
Ensure the EHC Plan takes into account all aspects of a child/young person’s life, including education, social care needs, health needs, personal and social development, training and employment, housing, transport and leisure activities.
Ensure EHC Plans are clear, concise and accessible to parents, children, young people, education providers and practitioners and completed to a high standard.
Work closely with children, young people and their parent and carers to support them through the EHC needs assessment and annual review processes and explore their aspirations, support needs and available options to enable them to make informed and realistic decisions about special educational provision and placements
Review and amend EHC Plans and other legal documentation, in accordance with the required standards.
Have the knowledge and expertise to provide advice, guidance and support to parents and carers, young people and education, health and care professionals about EHC needs assessment and annual review processes and SEND legislation. You will be expected to become an expert in this work and will be sought out as such.
Attend annual reviews of Education, Health and Care Plans including for learners attending independent/non-maintained specialist provision.
- Qualifications: Have an appropriate qualification in Education, Social Care, or equivalent or be able to demonstrate significant experience of working with children, young people and families in an education, health or social care environment.
- Experience: Have experience of and the ability to build positive and effective relationships with children, young people with SEND and their families.
- Compliance: Proof of ability to work and live in the UK. Current DBS and references covering the last 3 years.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Education:
We have been helping teachers find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK education, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.