Job Reference: 55995
SEND Assessment & Review Officer – Somerset County Council
- Somerset, Somerset
- £11.5 - £11.5 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Education is looking for an SEND Assessment & Review Officer – Somerset County Council
Main Responsibilities & Duties
1. Promote professional standards in the service by delivering outcome focussed assessments and contribution to the service and the wider success of the Council and Local Area for Special Education Needs and Disabilities (SEND).
2. Ensure children and young people with SEND receive an Education Health and Care assessment or annual review within statutory timeframes which meets their needs.
3. Support the local authority in meeting the requirements of the Children and Families Act 2014 and the SEND code of Practice 2015.
4. Act as a single key point of contact for children, young people,
families, education establishments and service users to include
ensuring appropriate arrangements of services, advice, support and
5. Work with practitioners and services around the child, young person
and their family, contributing to identifying when specialist (Social
Workers; Educational Psychologists; Occupational Therapists;
Speech & Language Therapists and other professionals) involvement
is required, make the appropriate contacts and ensure effective
liaison with these practitioners, including person centred planning
6. Promote the early identification of children and young people with
special educational needs and/or a disability in line with early support
Working with Seven Education:
Established in 2011, Seven Education is a leading provider of teachers to private and public schools across the UK. We provide both temporary and permanent solutions, working with teachers and lecturers covering KS1, all the way up to KS5 and beyond.
Seven Education is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available teaching staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of teaching; including Lecturers, Head Teachers, Assistant Head Teachers, Secondary School, Primary School, Teaching Assistants and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Teacher who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Education. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.
For more exclusive teaching jobs across the UK, please call 0333 200 5424.