Job Reference: 56326
SEND Assistant Case Manager
- Preston, Lancashire
- £16 - £25 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for 2 temporary SEND Assistant Case Managers to work in Preston, Lancashire. One of these positions is for 9 months and the other is for 6 weeks. Both roles are full-time and will be paying from £16.00 – £25.00 per hour (PAYE and Umbrella payment options available).
To ensure children, young people with special educational needs and their families are at the centre of all practice and processes relating to the work of the SEND teams and the Inclusion Service.
To work in collaboration with children, young people, their families, education providers and other stakeholders to ensure the best possible outcomes for children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities across the local area.
To support the council to fulfil its statutory duties in relation to children and young people with special educational needs, by ensuring that within an allocated caseload, all new assessments and education, health and care plans are of the highest possible quality and that all plans and processes meet statutory requirements and timescales.
To support an inclusive approach to special educational needs in Lancashire.
To support specific activities that address the priorities of the service and local area.
To provide support and technical guidance to other professional groups in relation to special educational needs and disabilities.
- To safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people in accordance with statutory processes.
- To obtain the views, wishes and feelings of children and young people in relation to their special educational needs and future ambitions.
- To identify special educational provision required that will enable children and young people with special educational needs to achieve the best possible outcomes so that they are prepared for adulthood.
- To interpret and summarise the information provided by children and young people and their families alongside multi-professional assessment advice and take steps to address any anomalies or discrepancies within the information obtained.
- To write education, health and care plans that clearly identify the special educational needs of the child or young person concerned, quantifiable and specific outcomes and the provision required to meet the needs of each of these individuals.
- To ensure that all special educational provision identified is appropriate to the age, ability, aptitude or special educational need of the child or young person concerned.
- To review, maintain, amend and cease education, health and care plans as this is required.
- To produce clear, well written reports and documents.
- To provide case summaries and make recommendations for decision making panels and other relevant forums.
- To attend person centred, review and other planning meetings where the casework is considered to be more straightforward and to support more senior officers in more complex review and planning meetings.
- To assist more senior officers in preparation of the statement of case in response to appeals to the SEN and Disability Tribunal.
- Qualifications: Recognised vocational or professional qualification in a relevant area, such as health, education or social care. Could include working towards a professional qualification or be of graduate entry level with some practical experience.
- Experience: Experience of working with children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities and their families.
- Compliance: Proof of ability to work and live in the UK. Current DBS check and references covering the last 5 years.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Education:
We have been helping teachers find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK education, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.