Job Reference: 61700
SEND Preparing for Adulthood Senior Officer
- Bracknell, Berkshire
- £300 - £300 per day
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for a temporary SEND Preparing for Adulthood Senior Officer. This position is initially for a period of 5 months and is paying £300.00 per day. The working hours are Monday – Friday from 9am – 5pm.
- To lead on Preparation for Adulthood policy and practice for the council liaising with schools, colleges and partners to ensure that young people with SEND have appropriate pathways into employment, education or training Post 16.
- To ensure that phase transfer process for Year 11 pupils is effective by reviewing the destinations for young people and reviewing the policy accordingly.
- To work in partnership with the Council Elevate team to support pupils with SEND that are identified at risk of Not being in Employment, Education or Training [NEET].
- To provide information and advice to the new SEND Employment Forum to raise the profile of the local authority supported internship programme, including acting as the first point of contact for the National Development Team for Inclusion.
- To be an integral part of the SEND and Specialist Support Services team working collaboratively with colleagues across all departments and with partners to contribute towards taking forward the vision, transformation and strategic direction of the council’s Learning and Achievement and SEND Strategies for children and young people 0-25, and those with other additional learning needs, establishing a clear focus on outcomes.
- To undertake training and constructively take part in meetings, supervision, seminars and other events designed to improve communication and assist with the effective development of the post and post holder
- To support the Assessment, Quality Assurance and Provision Manager and Review, Transitions and Resolutions Manager in the operational implementation of EHC assessments, plans, and reviews. Attend reviews (as required) and associated procedures for children and young people from Year 9 onwards with EHCPs.
- To support the development and coordination of clear and transparent information about the EHCP assessment process for families and professionals and the publication and distribution of this.
- To carry out and maintain accurate and timely records and work processes in the team including use of relevant IT systems.
- To contribute to the provision of data/information for performance management processes.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent and evidence of continuous professional development.
Experience: 1+ year of experience within a similar role.
Compliance: Proof of ability to work and live in the UK. Current DBS and 2 x references.
Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Education:
We have been helping teachers find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK education, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.