Job Reference: 58232
SEND Senior Assessment & Review Officer – Daily – Somerset County Council
- Somerset, Somerset
- £300 - £300 per day
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Education is looking for an SEND Senior Assessment & Review Officer in Somerset.
1. Responsible for the operational delivery for the Statutory Assessment and associated SEND processes ensuring that the LA meets its statutory responsibilities. Support the LA in meeting the requirements of the Children and Families Act 2014 and the SEND code of Practice 2015.
2. Promote professional standards in the service by delivering outcome focussed assessments and contribution to the service and the wider success of the Council and Local Area for Special Education Needs and Disabilities (SEND).
3. Act as the Lead for Education, Health & Care assessments (EHCPs) ensuring that plans are of a high quality and are reflective of the young person’s needs.
- 1. The principal purpose of the role is to ensure that a consistently good standard of service is delivered to children and families in Somerset meeting or exceeding Statutory, Council or Service standards.
- 2. The postholder will need to develop and maintain a network of colleagues in SCC and Health Managers, private, voluntary and community sector leaders and managers and other bodies/agencies, both locally and nationally in order to develop the service in line with best practice and ensure that combined resources are optimised in the delivery of services and a coherent approach to service improvement.
- 3. The postholder requires excellent communication skills to ensure effective feedback arrangements from clients and customers and to enable effective management
Working with Seven Education:
Established in 2011, Seven Education is a leading provider of teachers to private and public schools across the UK. We provide both temporary and permanent solutions, working with teachers and lecturers covering KS1, all the way up to KS5 and beyond.
Seven Education is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available teaching staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of teaching; including Lecturers, Head Teachers, Assistant Head Teachers, Secondary School, Primary School, Teaching Assistants and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Teacher who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Education. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.
For more exclusive teaching jobs across the UK, please call 0333 200 5424.