Job Reference: 58676
SEND Teaching Assistant
- High Harrogate, North Yorkshire
- £11.81 - £14.92 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for a temporary SEND Teaching Assistant to work in Harrogate, North Yorkshire. This position is initially for a period of 6 weeks and is paying £11.81 – £14.92 per hour (PAYE and umbrella payment options are available). The role would involve working from Monday – Friday (08:30-16:00).
Personalised Learning Pathways enable young people to access local learning opportunities which will lead to community participation, and wherever possible independent living and/or employment. This will be achieved by identifying with the learner clear learning aims and objectives which will empower individuals with the skills, confidence and challenge to be successful in adult life.
- You will be required to work with the class teacher, to plan, prepare and deliver a bespoke person-centred independence programme to a young person with Foetal Alcohol Syndrome (FASD), which will support the young person to develop and progress based on a clear understanding of their personal needs and aspirations. At times, this may be in one to one situations.
- You will be a HLTA with demonstrable experience of working with learners with a range of Special Educational needs and Disability, aged 16 to 25. We are looking for someone who can develop the following programmes: Personal Progress, Independence and Employability. Timetables will include work experience, engagement in community activities such as the gym and shopping.
- Your lessons will be person-centred, which will allow learners to develop and progress using their preferred learning methods. Teaching will be highly differentiated with a focus on providing learning and development opportunity specific to the learners needs. You will be able to capture progression in multiple forms and in multiple degrees.
- The successful candidate will work in closely with the Teacher and Hub Coordinator to deliver the Personalised Learning Pathways programmes to a learner in Harrogate.
- Qualifications: HLTA status or an equivalent level of relevant experience.
- Experience: Significant and recent experience of working in an educational environment, preferably person centred planning, with experience of supporting learners with SEND.
- Compliance: Proof of ability to work and live in the UK. Current DBS and references covering the last 5 years.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Education:
We have been helping teachers find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK education, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.