Sessional Tutor – Maths
- Location: Widnes, England
- Salary: £22.04 - £22.04 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for a temporary Sessional Tutor for Maths to work in the Widnes area. This position is initially for a period of 6 months and will involve working 2 days per week. The rate will be £22.04 per hour (for course delivery) and £13.68 per hour (for non-teaching duties) – both rates would be paid to you via an umbrella company.
To design and deliver quality Adult Learning programmes and assess and monitor the learning and achievements of adult learners.
- Work as part of the Employment, Learning and Skills Division in Halton, delivering learning programmes to adults from a wide variety of backgrounds and in a range of community venues including schools, community venues, libraries etc.
Be involved in promoting learning programmes to potential learners and to partner organisations within the borough.
Prepare learning programmes, including production of session plans and schemes of work for those programmes delivered.
Maintain other records in line with the requirements of the Common Inspection Framework – registers, contact logs, learner feedback, etc.
Monitor learner progress and achievements including assignments and national tests/assessments in accordance with awarding body requirements and offer learners advice/information about the next steps.
Evaluate learning programmes and produce termly reports on the strengths and weaknesses of provision.
Deliver sessions with enthusiasm and sound, up to date knowledge.
Be aware of the needs of learners and respond accordingly within the teaching environment, for example, provision of specialist resources and implementation of the Equality Act 2010.
Work in partnership with other tutors in Halton, for example, within Children’s Centres, Early Years, Further Education, Community and Voluntary Sector, local companies, etc.
Attend staff training and development, as appropriate and to keep up to date with pre-16 and post-16 teaching methods.
- Qualifications: Teaching Certificate (adults) eg Diploma in Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector, PGCE, Certificate in Education or equivalent experience.
- Experience: Experience of delivering adult learning within a range of settings. Experience of working within a quality assurance framework e.g. Common Inspection Framework.
- Compliance: Proof of ability to work and live in the UK. Current DBS check and references covering the last 5 years.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 20 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Education:
We have been helping teachers find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK education, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.