Job Reference: 55821
- Hampshire, Hampshire
- £18933 - £19941 per annum
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Education is looking for an Site Assistant/Caretaker at The Hurst School, Brimpton Rd, Baughurst, Tadley RG26 5NL
To work under the direction of the Site Manager to be responsible for the general maintenance, cleanliness and security of the school and to maintain premises (both internally and externally) in a clean, safe, sound and secure condition for staff, pupils, parents and community users.
- To open up and lock the premises for outside users of the School and assisting hirers of the School in all respects, when on their shift, as decided by the Site Manager.
- To assist with the monitoring of the grounds maintenance contractors as directed by the Site Manager and liaise with the grounds maintenance contractors over any special tasks.
- To maintain security of the premises together with its contents, attend Intruder Alarms when necessary.
- In the absence of the Site Manager to ensure all paperwork is properly filed and recorded.
- To be willing to undertake any relevant training ie manual handling, working at height etc
- Any other duties as required by the Site Manager or SLT staff.
- To be responsible for security and arrange access to the site for contractors and other authorised persons at all responsible times as directed by the Site Manager.
- To be responsible for the daily cleaning of designated areas of the School in accordance with the specifications contained within the cleaning contract.
- To assist with the monitoring of cleaning standards and reporting any problems to the Site Manager. May also include some emergency cleaning.
- To detect and report building defects to the Site Manager and to report defects to the county or term contractors as necessary.
- To carry out minor maintenance and repairs to the building, furniture and equipment subject to the Site Assistant’s abilities and training.
- To assist with the movement of furniture and equipment within the site and distribution of items delivered to the School as directed by the Site Manager.
- To undertake any necessary action as directed by the Site Manager with regard to bad weather or emergency.
- To ensure the supply of soap, toilet rolls and paper towels and such other items to cleaners as required.
- Under the general guidance of the Site Manager to carry out minor internal improvements to the buildings.
- In co-operation with other site staff to ensure that the grounds and hard areas are maintained including removing litter.
Working with Seven Education:
Established in 2011, Seven Education is a leading provider of teachers to private and public schools across the UK. We provide both temporary and permanent solutions, working with teachers and lecturers covering KS1, all the way up to KS5 and beyond.
Seven Education is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available teaching staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of teaching; including Lecturers, Head Teachers, Assistant Head Teachers, Secondary School, Primary School, Teaching Assistants and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Teacher who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Education. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.
For more exclusive teaching jobs across the UK, please call 0333 200 5424.