Job Reference: 62948
Special Educational Needs Officer
- Oxfordshire, Oxfordshire
- £24.05 - £24.05 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Education is looking for an Special Educational Needs Officer in Oxfordshire County Council
On behalf of the citizens of Oxfordshire and the County Council:
- to be responsible for aspects SEN casework , for children and young people aged 0 to 25, working with the SEN Casework Team across Oxfordshire in Banbury, Abingdon and Oxford.
- to develop and secure the highest standards of achievement and inclusion for children and young people with SEN within the policy and budget framework of the Council;
- to assist in the development of policy, procedures and provision for children with SEN;
- Manage and process, under the direction of the responsible SEN Team Leader, statutory casework within legal and internal timelines for a defined geographical area.
- Manage the assessment of children and young people with special educational needs in accordance with the SEN Code of Practice including identifying those requiring need assessments, coordinating assessments, writing EHC plans and arranging appropriate provision to meet children’s needs.
- Monitor the progress of children and young people with statements/EHC plans including amending statements/EHC plans in the light of Annual Reviews. Attending Annual Reviews as appropriate. Supporting and coordinating Transfer reviews of Statements to EHC plans
Working with Seven Education:
Established in 2011, Seven Education is a leading provider of teachers to private and public schools across the UK. We provide both temporary and permanent solutions, working with teachers and lecturers covering KS1, all the way up to KS5 and beyond.
Seven Education is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available teaching staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of teaching; including Lecturers, Head Teachers, Assistant Head Teachers, Secondary School, Primary School, Teaching Assistants and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Special Educational Needs Officer who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Education. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.
For more exclusive teaching jobs across the UK, please call 0333 200 5424.