Job Reference: 59114
Student Engagement Advisor
- Wandsworth, Greater London
- £13.2 - £13.2 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Education is looking for a Student Engagement Advisor to work as a temporary member of staff within Wandsworth as a part of South Thames College Group.
Student Engagement Adviser to be based at South Thames College (primarily at the Wandsworth Campus although may involve going to our Tooting Campus on a day per week). The role is four days per week 9-5pm Monday – Thursday inclusive. It will be a combination of being based in our support centre dealing with front line queries and at times supporting other student activity such as the common room or student welfare or safeguarding concerns.
– Provide accurate, current and responsive advice, guidance & support to students in the Student Support Centre, signposting and referring as appropriate.
– Provide information and guidance on the College student support financial funds such as the bursary and support students in completing these forms and providing required evidence.
– Assess financial support applications eligibility for funding, including the assessment of household income in accordance with funding criteria and make financial awards to individual students in accordance with external and internal regulations and criteria.
– Take appropriate and timely action to safeguard students, providing a consistent and professional service. Identify and report Safeguarding concerns, using the College’s internal and external procedures and provide ongoing support to a caseload of students identified as at risk under the supervision of the Head of Section.
– Provide enrichment activities/events in the designated common room areas, engaging with students to ensure that their leisure time is spent constructively and helping them to maintain appropriate standards of behaviour.
– Maintain accurate records of all student contact, activities and events, monitoring trends and evaluating support requirements of students as required.
– Establish and maintain good relationships across the curriculum to support students according to need and to promote enrichment opportunities across the College.
– Closely support and promote the work of the pastoral, enrichment and careers teams.
– Identify and respond to the needs of ‘at risk’ students facing difficulty e.g. complex multiple needs, CLA’s (children looked after), Care Leavers through multi-agency strategies, referrals and 1-1 intervention managing and offering intensive support for a fixed period.
– Undertake student risk assessment / safety plans and compile external agency documentation and correspondence in files for caseload as appropriate.
– Provide a referral service for students to external support agencies around issues such as; benefits, homelessness, childcare, sexual health and substance misuse etc.
– Maintain, administer and compile accurate case notes, support meeting records, Support Centre interventions, workshops and all other interventions through ProMonitor/EBS, service systems in line with College Safeguarding and Fitness to Study policies.
- Qualified to Level 3 or above in an appropriate area e.g youth and community, education, psychology, sociology, health and social care.
- Experience of youth and community work.
- Strong IT skills to effectively market and record all service provision using applications such as: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, College intranet/website, Social media outlets, Pro-monitor/EBS as well as a willingness to undertake further training in the use of College software.
- Demonstrate some knowledge of Government funding schemes for FE students and associated criteria.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Safeguarding practices, data protection regulations and referral procedures in relation to student information.
- Demonstrate ability and have experience of delivering student workshops or tutorials to a diverse range of students.
- Demonstrate an awareness and empathy when dealing with young people (particularly those that are vulnerable e.g. LACs) and the many factors that could potentially impact on student success, e.g. socio-economic, health and safety.
Working with Seven Education:
Established in 2011, Seven Education is a leading provider of teachers to private and public schools across the UK. We provide both temporary and permanent solutions, working with teachers and lecturers covering KS1, all the way up to KS5 and beyond.
Seven Education is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available teaching staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of teaching; including Lecturers, Head Teachers, Assistant Head Teachers, Secondary School, Primary School, Teaching Assistants and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Teacher who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Education. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.
For more exclusive teaching jobs across the UK, please call 0333 200 5424.