Job Reference: 59835
Ukrainian Support Teacher
- Devon, Devon
- £20 - £20 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Education is looking for an Ukrainian Support Teacher in Devon
Devon’s Ethnic Minority and Traveller Achievement Service (EMTAS) are seeking skilled Ukrainian support teachers and staff to support our Ukrainian pupils and families in schools.
The role includes:
– Attending school or college welcome and induction meetings
– Undertaking home language assessments
– Supporting schools with EAL proficiency assessments
– Providing training to staff
– EAL queries and general day to day support
– Linking and supporting families with Early Help if required
– Communicating with welfare organisations
– Booking interpreter support
– KS4 literacy translations
– Bilingual support for pupils in schools
– Supporting the EMTAS advisory teachers to gather feedback from families and pupils
– Managing referrals to the service and signposting to other support if needed
-Recommending resources for schools for example, the DCC library service
-Ensuring that Ukrainian pupils are thriving in our schools and given every opportunity to succeed
You will be fully supported in this role and will receive training on the following areas:
– Level 2 Safeguarding
– Understanding the British education system
– Completing home language assessments
– How to deliver bilingual support in schools
– Understanding language acquisition and EAL proficiency assessments
-Understanding Early Help and other support agencies
Your skills must include:
– A strong understanding of English, both verbal and written
– Fluency in Ukrainian and/or Russian
– Experience working in education
– Full Driving licence and access to your own vehicle
– Good communication and interpersonal skills
Working with Seven Education:
Established in 2011, Seven Education is a leading provider of teachers to private and public schools across the UK. We provide both temporary and permanent solutions, working with teachers and lecturers covering KS1, all the way up to KS5 and beyond.
Seven Education is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available teaching staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of teaching; including Lecturers, Head Teachers, Assistant Head Teachers, Secondary School, Primary School, Teaching Assistants and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Teacher who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Education. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.
For more exclusive teaching jobs across the UK, please call 0333 200 5424.