Job Reference: 58775
Virtual School Secondary Education Advisor
- Clevedon, Somerset
- £25 - £25 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for a temporary Virtual School Secondary Education Advisor to work in Clevedon, North Somerset. This position is initially for a period of 3 months and is paying £25.00 per hour (paid to you via an umbrella company). The role is for 3 days per week.
The staff of the Virtual School monitor the educational progress and achievement of children in the care of North Somerset Council and have a focus of raising the educational achievement of these children and young people, both as individuals and as a cohort.
The Virtual School also holds the responsibility for offering advice and guidance in respect of educational matters for previously looked after and adopted children and young people and currently a strategic role for children with a social worker.
The focus will be on secondary aged students, but flexibility is needed to work across all key stages from Early Years through to college and university.
To ensure that every individual secondary child in care has a robust Personal Education Plan, which will enable the young person to thrive and achieve.
To quality assure the Personal Education Plans to ensure that targets are clear, evidence based and aspirational, and that the young person is supported and challenged to make excellent progress.
To form excellent relationships with schools, colleges, carers, social workers, and other service providers to provide guidance, challenge and support to ensure a cohesive and aspirational approach to supporting the education of children in care.
To offer advice and guidance and to prompt interventions when difficulties arise to ensure that each child has the necessary support to ensure their health and well-being and academic progress.
- Monitor, track and evaluate the attendance, academic progress, attainment, and achievement of children in care through the use of the e-PEP system and other direct interventions particularly, but not exclusively for secondary aged students.
Work with relevant school-based staff and social workers to ensure that targets identified in the Personal Education Plan are met and that Pupil Premium Plus is effectively allocated and used.
Work within the Virtual School Team and with schools and other educational institutions to promote and support the educational achievement of children and young people in care.
Support the schools’ responsibilities of identification, assessment, and provision to meet the needs of pupils exhibiting educational difficulties, delay or under-achievement.
Organise and monitor bespoke packages of support for individual students (e.g., mentoring programmes, 1:1 tuition) under the guidance of the Virtual School Head Teacher.
Liaise with schools and social workers in relation to providing the appropriate level of challenge regarding the progress of children in care.
Be expected to work to the Team Plans drawn up by the Virtual School.
Provide ongoing advice and support to teachers and support staff working directly with children in care.
- Qualifications: Vocational qualification. QTS or experience to Degree Level or above, relevant to the service user group or equivalent experience to give the same level of knowledge necessary to undertake the role.
- Experience: Direct Virtual School experience and /or experience of working with Designated Teachers and other professionals who support children who have social, emotional, and behavioural difficulties or who are disaffected in an education setting.
- Compliance: Proof of ability to work and live in the UK. Current DBS and references covering the last 3 years.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Education:
We have been helping teachers find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK education, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.