Job Reference: 59247
Virtual School Teacher Caseworker
- Hammersmith, Greater London
- £21.39 - £21.39 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Education is looking for an Virtual School Teacher Caseworker at Hammersmith & Fulham
The post holder will fulfil an important role within the Council and as part of Hammersmith and Fulham Virtual School Team will be responsible for ensuring that the council fulfils its statutory responsibilities to promote the educational attainment of children in public care.
As part of the Virtual School Team the Virtual Teacher Caseworker will assist professionals in developing, promoting and implementing strategies to improve the educational attainment of children who are in the care of the Local Authority.
In particular they will provide support, advice and challenge to social workers, carers and school staff in order to identify barriers to children in care achieving in education and develop strategies to improve their educational attainment.
The Virtual School Teacher Caseworker will use a high level of technical knowledge in relation to all aspects of education, including Special Education Needs, exclusions and behaviour management.
- Be responsible for a pupil caseload and ensuring the continued educational improvement of Hammersmith and Fulham’s children in public care.
- This would include making arrangements for the monitoring and support of children in care and ensuring their needs are met and that the pupils follow an appropriate educational programme.
- Assist social workers, school staff and carers to ensure that children in public care have an effective, up to date Personal Education Plans (PEPs) in line with statutory obligations. Provide high quality advice and information for social workers, carers and teachers involved in the compilation of such plans.
- To manage the review process of PEPs and critically evaluate the effectiveness of their arrangements.
- To monitor all Hammersmith and Fulham’s children in public care who do not have access to an education placement. Devise and pursue plans in liaison with key professionals to ensure all such children gain access to education with minimum delay.
- Make contact with key personnel in Children’s Services and schools in order support and challenge professionals and overcome situations where children are not receiving appropriate education for unnecessary periods of time.
Working with Seven Education:
Established in 2011, Seven Education is a leading provider of teachers to private and public schools across the UK. We provide both temporary and permanent solutions, working with teachers and lecturers covering KS1, all the way up to KS5 and beyond.
Seven Education is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available teaching staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of teaching; including Lecturers, Head Teachers, Assistant Head Teachers, Secondary School, Primary School, Teaching Assistants and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Teacher who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Education. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.
For more exclusive teaching jobs across the UK, please call 0333 200 5424.