Job Reference: HAF-004528
Virtual School Teacher Caseworker
- Hammersmith & Fulham, Greater London
- £21 - £25.15 per hour
- Contract / Full Time
Seven Social Care are looking for an experienced Virtual Casework Teacher for Hammersmith and Fulham Council on a temporary contract of 6-8 months with a view to extend. This will be based at 145 King Street & will include travel to schools in the borough.
The post holder will fulfill an important role within the Council and as part of Hammersmith and Fulham Virtual School Team will be responsible for ensuring that the council fulfills its statutory responsibilities to promote the educational attainment of children in public care. As part of the Virtual School Team the Virtual Teacher Caseworker will assist professionals in developing, promoting and implementing strategies to improve the educational attainment of children who are in the care of the Local Authority. In particular, they will provide support, advice and challenge to social workers, carers and school staff in order to identify barriers to children in care achieving in education and develop strategies to improve their educational attainment. The Virtual School Teacher Caseworker will use a high level of technical knowledge in relation to all aspects of education, including Special Education Needs, exclusions, and behaviour management
- Be responsible for a pupil caseload and ensuring the continued educational improvement of Hammersmith and Fulham’s children in public care. This would include making arrangements for the monitoring and support of children in care and ensuring their needs are met and that the pupils follow an appropriate educational programme
- Assist social workers, school staff and carers to ensure that children in public care have an effective, up to date Personal Education Plans (PEPs) in line with statutory obligations. Provide high quality advice and information for social workers, carers and teachers involved in the compilation of such plans.
- To manage the review process of PEPs and critically evaluate the effectiveness of their arrangements.
- To monitor all Hammersmith and Fulham’s children in public care who do not have access to an education placement. Devise and pursue plans in liaison with key professionals to ensure all such children gain access to education with minimum delay. Make contact with key personnel in Children’s Services and schools in order support and challenge professionals and overcome situations where children are not receiving appropriate education for unnecessary periods of time.
- Gather qualitative and quantitative information and data on all schools and educational placements attended by Hammersmith and Fulham’s children in public care and record this on appropriate databases.
- Implement and monitor with the Team Manager a strategy to oversee school attendance levels of children in public care to allow prompt action to be taken should any young person miss significant amounts of schooling.
- Experience: 2+ years working in a similar role.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.