CHC Nurse Coordinator
- Location: South Shields, England
- Salary: £18.32 - £22.74 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for a temporary CHC Nurse Coordinator to work in South Shields. This position is initially for a period of 6 months and is paying £18.32 – £22.74 per hour (PAYE and umbrella payment options are available).
To lead and coordinate Multi-Disciplinary Teams in applying the Continuing Healthcare eligibility criteria to individuals healthcare needs to reach a decision with regards to eligibility for fully funded Continuing Health Care and NHS Funded Care.
- To act as a resource for all members of the multi-disciplinary team, providing expert nursing advice concerning aspects of patient management.
To promote joint working between agencies by recognising and acknowledging the abilities and constraints of Health and Social Services in identifying and responding to Continuing Healthcare needs.
To advise the Clinical Lead/AHP Lead for Clinical Support Services on the outcome of assessment and to make recommendations i.e. decision/outcome of eligibility for continuing healthcare.
To manage fast track patients, in line with policy and procedure.
To manage and monitor the review process and re-evaluate rationale for placement, appropriateness and funding.
To provide continuing responsibility in the absence of the Team Lead and to act up as appropriate.
To collate information from Check Lists for patient’s with learning disabilities and to lead MDTs and reviews for these patients where the issues are considered to be standard rather than complex.
To undertake care management duties, in order to meet the assessed needs of patients who receive NHS Continuing Care funding, communicating and working in partnership with GPs, social services and other statutory and voluntary organisations including service users.
To co-ordinate and ensure timely and effective discharge from hospital in patient services whilst ensuring appropriate risk management is undertaken.
To review the identified care package provision in line with the individuals needs, value for money and Standards for Better Health.
- Qualifications: Registered Nurse or Allied Health Professional.
- Experience: Demonstrate working experience of CHC framework.
- Compliance: Current DBS and references covering the last 2 years.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
- Teaching and CPD programmes.
- Financial support for further training and personal development.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Free life insurance Subsidised meals on duty.
- Health Cash Plan.
Working with Seven Nursing:
We have been helping Nurses find temp, perm and ad-hoc roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK healthcare, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.