Children’s Social Care Occupational Therapist
- Location: Hammersmith & Fulham, Greater London
- Salary: £39 - £39 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care are seeking a qualified and motivated Children’s Social Care Occupational Therapist to provide a high-quality occupational therapy service to children within Hammersmith & Fulham.
– Evaluate children’s physical, sensory and motor development, daily living skills, their access to, interaction with and independence in their physical environment.
– Develop, implement, review and revise relevant treatment programmes.
– Employ a range of intervention strategies to enable children and young people to reach their full potential.
– Demonstrate clinical reasoning for appropriate research-based interventions/techniques.
– Work closely with the child, family, teachers and other involved professionals to provide and coordinate effective therapeutic services.
– Develop and provide equipment to aid daily living and enhance the quality of life.
– Deliver training and education to families, carers and a wider team, enabling them to support the child in the best possible way.
– Contribute to service development and participate in relevant clinical governance activities.
– Maintain accurate and timely clinical records in line with professional standards and local policies.
Qualification & Experience:
– A degree in Occupational Therapy, or equivalent.
– Registered with the Health Care Professions Council (HCPC).
– Experience within children’s social care and in working with a wide range of disabilities.
– Knowledge of education, health and care plans and current legislations affecting service delivery.
– Full UK Driving License and access to own vehicle would be beneficial due to nature of the role.
– Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
– Ability to empathise with children and their families.
– Excellent problem-solving, organization and time management skill.
– Ability to adapt to continuously changing situations in day to day work.
– Awareness of safeguarding and promotion of the welfare of the child in all aspects of work.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Applicants should be aware that the post will only be offered to successful candidates subject to an Enhanced DBS check as well as other employment clearances.
The hiring for this role is intends to promote diversity and equal opportunity. We welcome applications from all individuals, irrespective of their racial or ethnic origin, age, nationality, religion, disability, gender or sexual orientation.
Working with Seven Resourcing:
Established in 2011, Seven Resourcing is one of the UK’s largest suppliers of temporary and ad-hoc professionals. Rated ‘Excellent’ on Trustpilot from 2000+ reviews, and with 20+ major recruitment awards, we take pride in knowing we can find you the best possible rates and a role you can be proud of.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, but we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please get in touch with our candidate care team.