- Location: Jersey, Jersey
- Salary: £36501 - £49449 per annum
- Type: Permanent / Full Time
Seven Medical are looking for an empathetic and caring Deputy Manager to work in Adult Community Services in the gorgeous Jersey area.
The post holder is a member of the Adult Disability Service that supports people with a learning disability. The post holder can be based in a variety of settings including residential homes, supported living, short break service and the outreach team. Staff are required to work a shift system that offers support 24 hours a day. Staff are involved in all aspects of maintaining the area using the active support model, this may include cleaning, shopping, washing ironing, cooking etc. Service users will be encouraged to participate in these activities with the staff. Staff are expected to hold a driving licence and be prepared to drive service vehicles. The Manager can apply a level of flexibility with this requirement. Band 6 staff are expected to be able to co-ordinate and lead a team within the service, and also develop and implement programmes of care and support.
• Registered Nurse or Social Worker
• Evidence of CPD at diploma level
• Teaching/mentoring qualification
• Diploma in a related field
• Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement or equivalent (D32/33, NVQ A1) Skills, knowledge and aptitude
• Good IT skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication.
• To hold a valid driving licence (this may be negotiated with the manager dependant on area.)
• Leadership and management skills.
• Caring and empathetic nature.
• Understanding of learning disabilities and/or willingness to learn.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• To undertake the assessment of service users with complex needs.
• To develop, implement and evaluate programmes of care to meet these needs.
• To guide, advise and direct other staff in the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of care received by service users.
• To undertake risk assessment processes to determine risks to the health and wellbeing of service users with complex care needs, taking relevant action to minimise these risks.
• To lead a staff team in emergency situations, ensuring that the service user’s needs are met and that significant others are supported.
• To utilise information and data from a range of sources to identify service user’s needs and to guide decision-making processes.
• To act in accordance with the standards, codes and guidelines laid down by the postholder’s regulatory body and HSC.
• To promote service user involvement in the planning, delivery and evaluation of care, respecting their wishes, beliefs and dignity.
• To safeguard service users in accordance with organisational policy and guidelines.
Working with Seven Medical:
Established in 2011, Seven is a leading provider of medical professionals to hospitals, medical centres, private organisations and specialist clinics across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect medical professionals to exclusive roles, including opportunities for General Practitioners, Psychiatrists, Specialist Doctors, Histopathologists and everything in between.
After recently winning multiple recruitment awards, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.