Job Reference: 60562
Occupational Health Technician
- Darlington, County Durham
- £18 - £18 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for a temporary Occupational Health Technician to work in Darlington. This position is initially for a period of 6 weeks and is paying £18.00 per hour. Although this is a f ull time position for a period of 6 weeks, the hiring manager will consider part time applicants for a longer contract length.
Provide support to the Occupational Health Service by carrying out assigned clinical tasks and administrative duties.
- Work with the Occupational Health Nurse to undertake the delivery, implementation and evaluation of health surveillance programmes for the Council and any external contracts, carrying out statutory health surveillance such as Audiometry, Spirometry, HAV’s Tier 2, Skin Assessment, Urinalysis and Eye Screening.
- Ensure all medical information from health screening and surveillance is accurately recorded and passed onto to the Occupational Health Nurse Advisor for interpretation and further management where required, in accordance with professional standards and in compliance with legislation and Council policies.
- Assist with the assessment and identification of support needs as appropriate. Contributing to, and referral to relevant support packages as appropriate.
- Enter accurate and sensitive data on to the case management system which will include notes of observations made during assessment.
- Ensure that cases are accurately monitored, tracked and timely reviews are undertaken where necessary.
- To support the Occupational Health Nurse Advisor in maintaining quality, adhere to practice standards timescales and contribute to the service area performance.
- Reception and general administrative duties to support clinical staff in the delivery of clinics and the Occupational Health service. Respond to routine enquiries from HR colleagues, managers, clients and employees.
- Collect, collate, input and analyse data using a variety of manual and electronic systems and produce reports as required e.g. diary management, Occupational Health statistics and other IT systems.
- Liaison with relevant stakeholders including employees, managers, clients, HR, Health and Safety, GP’s in the arrangement of appointments for referrals, fitness to work and health surveillance, the booking of meetings and chasing GP / Consultant reports
- Prepare confidential medical reports, relevant paperwork for clinics and distribution of reports to employees, GP’s, HR and Managers.
- NQF level 3 in Health Care or relevant equivalent qualification.
Experience: 2+ years working within a similar role.
Compliance: Current DBS check and references covering the last 2 years.
Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
Hours: Part-time or full-time hours.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.