- Location: Walsall, West Midlands
- Salary: £33 - £33 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care are currently seeking a passionate and dedicated Occupational Therapist to join our dynamic and supportive healthcare team in Walsall. You will be responsible for providing high quality treatment and rehabilitation for a wide range of clients with different age groups and diverse physical, sensory, and cognitive difficulties due to illness, injury, or disability.
Roles & Responsibilities:
1. Assess patients’ needs, abilities or behaviour using a variety of methods including psychometric tests, interviews and direct observation.
2. Develop and review treatment programmes that encourage exercise and movement.
3. Collaborate with other healthcare professionals in the planning and coordination of patient care.
4. Advise on specialist equipment to assist with daily activities.
5. Develop a rehabilitation programme to help rebuild lost skills.
6. Educate patients and their families about how to prevent and/or improve conditions.
7. Keep up to date with advancements in the field by participating in continuing professional development.
1. A degree or postgraduate diploma in Occupational Therapy approved by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
2. Registration with the HCPC as a qualified Occupational Therapist.
3. Substantial experience in a similar role.
1. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to interact with patients, their families, and other healthcare staff.
2. Good problem-solving abilities to devise and implement personalized treatment plans.
3. Able to work autonomously and as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
4. Detail-oriented with excellent observation and record-keeping skills.
5. Strong organisational and time management skills.
6. Genuine empathy and a passion for improving the quality of life of patients.
The successful applicant will have a passion for providing high standard care and an understanding of the importance of dignity and respect in healthcare settings. If you meet our criteria and are looking for a role that allows you to positively influence the lives of others, we encourage you to apply.
Please note: All applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
Diversity is being promoted and all applications will be treated equally.
Working with Seven Resourcing:
Established in 2011, Seven Resourcing is one of the UK’s largest suppliers of temporary and ad-hoc professionals. Rated ‘Excellent’ on Trustpilot from 2000+ reviews, and with 20+ major recruitment awards, we take pride in knowing we can find you the best possible rates and a role you can be proud of.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, but we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please get in touch with our candidate care team.