Job Reference: 58459
- Norwich, Norfolk
- £30 - £30 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for a temporary Occupational Therapist to work with the Adoption Support Service in Norwich. This position is initially for a period of 3 months and is paying £30.00 per hour (paid to you via an umbrella company).
Work collaboratively with the service user, their support network/family, and other agencies to enable service users to achieve and maintain balance in their activities of daily living.
Formulate and implement intervention plans aimed at reducing the impact of trauma and attachment disruptions.
Reduce the impact of trauma and attachment disruptions and to promote function and social participation.
Provide consultations to the staff within the adoption and kinship support team to offer specialist occupational support and advice.
Offer a range of relevant workshops and groups to meet the needs of the service user and their families.
- Manage the referral pathway of the occupational therapy service within the adoption and kinship support team.
- Work with a caseload of service users who have been identified as meeting the criteria for the occupational therapy service or otherwise/in consultation with the Team Manager.
- Manage the data associated with the referrals to, consultations regarding, and active caseload of the occupational therapy service.
- To provide this data to the team manager in a timely manner as required.
- Assess the occupational and functional needs of children with complex trauma and their families in their own home and other settings in which they are cared for.
- To take appropriate action to enable, influence and motivate them to live as independently as possible, with due regard to statutory requirements, departmental policy, quality of life and good professional practice.
- Work with risk of all types and levels, helping and motivating children with complex trauma and their families to take decisions and bring about change.
- Work with service users and their families to demonstrate and teach use of techniques and strategies to help maintain services users independence, identifying risks, options and choices to bring about change.
- Provide supervision and appraisal for the occupational therapy assistant practitioner within the team in accordance with departmental procedures.
- To support, offer guidance, teaching and clinical supervision to others including occupational therapy students.
- Qualifications: Diploma in Occupational Therapy/Degree in Occupational Therapy.
- Experience: 2+ years working within a similar role.
- Compliance: Current DBS check and 2 x references.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.