- Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, England
- Salary: £26.06 - £26.06 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
- Contact: Sam Boggis
Seven Resourcing are looking for 2 temporary Occupational Therapists to work in Newcastle. These positions are initially for a period of 12 months and are paying £26.06 per hour (paid to you via an umbrella company).
To provide an Occupational Therapy service to meet the identified needs of people with a physical disability.
- To carry out a comprehensive assessment of service users including those with complex needs to promote and maintain maximum independence in accordance with the Directorate’s statutory duty.
- To carry a full caseload in accordance with level of experience.
- To liaise with, and offer professional advice to other professions as in Health, Social Services and voluntary sector, etc., in relation to the provision of occupational therapy services to service users.
- To provide advice and instruction on appropriate equipment and ensure its safe use by all those involved, e.g., service user, family, carers.
- To liaise with other directorates/agencies/contractors with regard to making recommendations for major structural adaptations.
- To make recommendations on re-housing where adaptations are inappropriate.
- To provide advice and support to the service user and their family or carers.
- To keep accurate and up to date records on Carefirst in accordance with Directorate policy and procedures, compiling reports and statistical data as required.
- To participate in initiatives around quality issues within the Directorate.
- To promote and implement the Council’s Equality Policy in all aspects of employment and service delivery.
- Qualifications: Recognised professional qualification in Occupational Therapy (Degree or Diploma).
- Experience: 2+ years working as an OT in the UK.
- Compliance: Up to date HCPC registration and DBS. 2 x references.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.