Job Reference: 62268
Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Wembley, Greater London
- £23.93 - £23.93 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for a temporary Occupational Therapy Assistant to work in Brent. This position is initially for a period of 3 months and is paying £23.93 per hour (paid to you via an umbrella company). The working hours are Monday – Friday from 9am – 5pm.
- To work with people with disabilities to encourage independence and choice within the community.
- To undertakes all assessments from a strengths-based perspective so that the independence of all assessed clients is promoted and maximised
- To ensure the provision of effective advice and guidance arising from the assessment
- To ensure the most appropriate equipment/adaptations are provided to the client
- To undertake carer’s assessments and reviews in accordance with the statutory/regulatory and operational standards, policy and procedures.
- To assess the functional abilities, difficulties and needs of people with physical disabilities.
- Support service users to set client centred goals to promote independence and wellbeing in the home environment.
- Assessment and provision of equipment to improve independence with activities of daily living.
- Assessment for major/minor adaptations (including completing accurate specifications) to home environment to enable independence and reduce risk of injury.
- To recognise the needs of carers and involve them in the decision-making process.
- To complete carers assessment to support informal carers in their role and manage risk of carer breakdown.
- Complete person-centred support plans that address the carers needs and utilise the variety of universal and voluntary services available
- To identify long term care needs when required, considering alternative services that can meet service user’s care and support needs.
- Qualifications: N/A.
- Experience: 2+ years working within a similar role.
- Compliance: Current DBS and references covering the last 3 years.
- Hours: 36 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.