Job Reference: LC345
- London, Greater London
- £25000 - £40000 per annum
- Permanent / Full Time
Seven Life Science have an amazing opportunity available as a Dental Engineer, this role is based in West/North London.
- Responsible to the Service Manager for delivering professional and compliant maintenance services in the appointed region, to meet KPI’s and operational financial performance targets.
- Report to the Service Manager on all aspects of service delivery through regular communication and formal reporting.
- Provide professional technical assistance with Preventative Maintenance (PM) and Corrective Maintenance (CM).
- Build an honest and strong working partnership with the Customers to ensure that the support and service delivery runs smoothly and achieves full compliance with CQC, MHRA and H&S
- Deliver maintenance (PM and CM) on the following range of equipment:
- Dental Chairs and Operating Units
- Dental Suction
- Dental X-Ray (analogue and digital), CBCT and Panoral X-Ray, Connecting Software
- Ancillary Dental Equipment
- Decontamination Equipment (Autoclaves, Washer Disinfectors, Ultrasonic Cleaners)
- Disinfection Services
- Compressed Air Equipment
- Audiology Equipment
- Bladder Scanners
- Diagnostic and Therapeutic Ultrasound Machines
- Wide range of Medical Devices used in Dental and Primary Healthcare
- Training provided for engineers to ensure competency across all equipment.
- It is essential to understand the principles of Electrical Safety Testing (Portable Appliance Testing (PAT) and Medical Device Testing in accordance with BS EN 60601, BS EN 61010 and BS EN 62353.
- The role may require competency to HTM0105 and HTM 2030 for decontamination. If this is required, the Company will arrange training for this qualification at Eastwood Park.
- It’s essential that you have a good understanding of Microsoft Office and a general understanding of IT and Networking systems.
- The nature of the business will occasionally require extended hours (the company will be flexible for time in lieu), normal working hours are 08:30 to 5pm, with 1 hour lunch. We expect engineers to be on site at a reasonable time in the morning.
- Respond quickly and efficiently to all callouts within your area of responsibility. Ensure that you have all the information at hand prior to going on site, so that you are able to achieve a “first-time fix”. The ServiceDesk will co-ordinate all callouts and support functions
- Ensure that once the task is completed, the service report and asset management database system are completed on site and that the customer is fully briefed on all work carried out. Ensure the customer signs to receive the equipment back into service. It is vital that all documents and processes are completed professionally and to the highest standards.
- Ensure you keep abreast of all technical developments and that you are fully conversant with industry legislation and regulations
- Manage all company resources, Test Equipment, Tools and Spares at your disposal. It will be your responsibility to keep these safe and in good condition. This ensure that the services provided are safe and effective.
- Liaise with customers at all levels to ensure that service commitments are fulfilled and pursue any sales opportunities for equipment replacement
- The company has a capability to deliver design and building works for dental surgeries and local decontamination units. The design project will be managed internally and you will play a leading role in customer liaison, project development and installation works.
- Work with the Service Manager and Service Desk to forward plan the maintenance activity for the year to maximize the compliance of the inventory.
- Ensure that the Database System is updated with all information without delay, all data must be accurate and continually updated to ensure that the information is correct and compliant. Customer reports will be generated from this system, and therefore needs to be managed properly.
- Work with the external contractors, customers and service desk to oversee and manage all OEM Sub-Contractors arriving on site. Ensure contracts are delivered at a local level including planning of visits, control on site, and delivery of service reports and updating of asset management system.
- Promote a professional and proactive approach to all customer issues. Providing an immediate response to all issues and enquiries, ensuring that these are investigated and resolved within rigorously set timescales. With all such cases the matter is to be completely resolved, and the customer satisfied with the response or outcome provided.
- Maintain local quality process to comply with ISO9001:2008 and ISO13485:2003.
The above is intended to provide a brief description of role and responsibilities, but the job will require a high degree of resourcefulness and determination to see tasks through to a successful conclusion. The role covers many modalities and will be challenging and exciting for the right engineer.
During the first year you will be required to attend a number of manufacturer’s courses to ensure competency and certification, it’s vital that our engineers are qualified and professional, and that the customers have confidence in our abilities. You will also be trained to maintain a range of medical devices to support our customers with a one stop solution.
A company vehicle (Medium Van), laptop, tablet, phone, tools, and test equipment will be provided to enable you to carry out your task.#
- Competitive Salary Banding
- Holidays 25 Days plus public holidays
- Private Healthcare – Vitality
- Death in Service Benefit
- Pension Plan
- Bonus paid on sales of equipment
Working with Seven Life Science:
We have been helping professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK Life Science, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.