Job Reference: BC234
Director, CDMO Business Development (remote)
- Remote, Remote
- £140600 - £140600 per annum
- Permanent / Full Time
Seven Life Science have an amazing opportunity available as a Director, CDMO Business Development, this role is remote but perferably the ideal candidate would be in California.
- We are looking to hire a couple of Directors of Business Development to pursue business opportunities and expand client base in the US and EU.
- We are a premier contract development and manufacturing organization offering cGMP services to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries.
- The primary focus is on the APIs and finished drugs in OSD and Liquid dosage forms with plans to expand into new technologies in the future, with flexible business models such as FTE, FFS, and DRS.
- Develop and execute business development strategy to identify and target potential new clients through effective marketing, revenue, and literature analyses as well as utilization of existing networks.
- Responsible for managing the entire CDMO service sale cycle including identification and qualification of leads, proposal generation, and contract negotiation
- Deeply understand the customer needs to ensure accuracy, timely revisions of our proposals to deliver a memorable customer experience.
- Work with clients to maintain relationships and understand long-term manufacturing strategies to ensure repeat business.
- Provide company leadership with oral and written reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new sales of products and services
- Maintain relationships with key individuals in the industry and have extensive and up-to-date knowledge of industry trends and key collaborations and partnerships.
- Actively participate in industry tradeshows, conferences, networking events, and client on-site and off-site meetings, as well as internal business development meetings.
- The Director of CDMO Business Development collaborates with executive leadership team to develop strategic goals and marketing plans for the CDMO business unit
- The primary role of this position is to identify, develop, and nurture new business relationships, identify prospects and pursue potential opportunities in order to increase awareness of our CDMO business.
- This position requires an experienced leader who is able to drive results in a demanding environment, leveraging strong interpersonal and management skills to ensure customer satisfaction
- This individual will also be responsible for managing marketing and customer service activities, accountable for meeting and exceeding performance metrics including revenue goals.
- A minimum of 3 years of business development/sales experience in the CDMO industry with a demonstrated track record of increasing revenue.
- Advanced degree in Life Sciences, Chemical Sciences, or other relevant disciplines. MS/Ph.D. preferred.
- In-depth understanding of the sales process from plan to close.
- Experience in proposal development process, business quotes, budgeting, and managing defined timelines.
- Working knowledge of OSD and Liquid manufacturing and packaging technologies.
- Ability to articulate and adapt to large pharmaceutical organizations as well as small start-ups to provide value-added solutions.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to influence through a high degree of business acumen and successfully position the company’s service offerings.
- Must be willing to travel as needed (~25%)
Working with Seven Life Science:
We have been helping professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK Life Science, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.