Job Reference: MR234
- Monmouth Junction, New Jersey
- £56300 - £91400 per annum
- Permanent / Full Time
Seven Life Science have an amazing opportunity available as a NGS Scientist, this role is based in Monmouth JCT, New Jersey, U.S.
About The Organization
- Acutis is a specialized medical laboratory that complements its hard science with the soft skills of its support teams.
- This combination allows practitioners to diagnose and treat with greater confidence and with ease
- Acutis serves the medical community and related fields by providing rapid, reliable diagnostic insights that impact clinical decisions in: infectious disease, clinical toxicology for substance use testing and medication monitoring and oncology
- We are a biomedical specialty laboratory that has no tolerance for error.
- A company as thorough as it is principled: dedication to the advancement of medical testing, industry-leading turnaround time, and world-class service
- Every sample we take and every report we relay is prepared with this end in mind: to provide our customers with the highest level of certainty possible.
- With a service-first mindset, specialized laboratory capabilities, and the agility to adapt as next-generation therapies evolve, Acutis stands at the Service of Science
- Additionally, building on our platform of advanced science and technology, we have introduced to healthcare professionals to Acutis Reveal™, molecular tests for infectious diseases
- These new tests offer physicians and clinicians a greater degree of certainty than any standard or traditional test can
- These new products offer further evidence of Acutis’ passion for innovative technologies and strategies
- Acutis conducts pioneering research for diagnostic services.
- We employ NGS, targeted PCR, LC-MS/MS, enhanced microbiology techniques and algorithm-based software to develop new diagnostic solutions.
- Acutis, a leader in clinical laboratory industry, is building oncology molecular testing with a focus on next generation sequencing (NGS) for clinical trials as well as standard of care
- At this stage Acutis is looking for highly skilled NGS professionals at Principal Scientist, Senior Scientist or Associate Director level in the NJ location.
- Following the directions from the NGS Head and management, develop, validate, qualify, and implement NGS tests for tumor FFPE tissues and cell-free DNA (cfDNA); somatic as well as germline gene alterations.
- Function as a SME for analytical method issues and perform the bench works
- Lead and participate in tech transfer of analytical methods.
- Contribute to method validation plan, and drafting testing protocol and standard operating procedure (SOP)
- Evaluate and implement applicable reference materials and assay QC parameters applicable to NGS, and apply the right assay orthogonal testing, e.g. PCR, ddPCR to verify a NGS assay
- Coordinate with Bioinformatics group, internally and externally, to process sequence data into reportable genetic calls
- Contribute to and draft assay validation reports, and prepare scientific presentations and deliver them to project teams and management
- Following assay validation, perform clinical sample testing.
- Align with department and corporate goals.
- Review and approve protocol/procedure deviation investigations, and work with QA representative to establish corrective action/preventive action (CAPA) plan
- Independently interpret data from performed experiments and consult with the NGS lead and management as needed
- Maintain excellent documentation of experiments and studies
- Troubleshoot and optimize assay performance in conjunction with the manager and peers.
- Report on project progress and present data effectively at team and management meetings
- Assist with lab organization and compliance with lab safety protocols
- Comply with the federal and local lab regulatory requirements including but not limited to CLIA, and follow applicable rules and guidelines.
Required Education and Experience
- Ph.D. in Cell and/or Molecular Biology, Biophysics, Biochemistry, or a related discipline
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in NGS at a clinical lab, pharmaceutical company and/or academic institution
- Master’s degree with 7+ years of experience can be acceptable.
- Experience in NGS method development on Illumina TSO500 (preferred) or any other Illumina platforms, including library construction, sequencing, BI interpretation and reporting.
- Good experience in nucleic acid extraction from tissues as well as plasma, manually and via automated extraction
- Deep understanding of molecular biology and biochemical techniques relevant to assay development
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and willingness to collaborate cross-functionally in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Self-motivated, focused, organized, and thorough with attention to details
- Demonstrate independent reasoning and problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Efficient utilization of Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Outlook
Working with Seven Life Science:
We have been helping professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK Life Science, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.