Job Reference: BC123
VP – Head of Cell Therapy Research
- Nanjing, Jiangsu
- £211000 - £211000 per annum
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Life Science have an amazing opportunity available for a VP – Head of Cell Therapy Research, this role is based in Nanjing.
- Leads talented teams to develop novel T cell and NK cell therapy platforms, optimize preclinical process development, and deliver an innovative and sustainable autologous and allogeneic cell therapy pipeline in Oncology from inception to preclinical development.
- Guides department staff and project teams to develop scientific and technological blueprints that define key go/no-go decision points and resources projects according to portfolio priorities.
- Directs research projects with deep knowledge and scientific judgment to focus on the critical areas of inquiry. Demonstrates keen intellect for integrating novel science and emerging technologies at the intersection of immunology, cancer biology, cell engineering, and process development.
- Aligns and coordinates cross-functional and cross-site activities to ensure resource efficiency and timely delivery.
- Makes strategic decisions in consultation with key senior leaders to advance research projects from target selection to IND.
- Supports the evaluation and review of projects across the entire portfolio and serves as a key leader in scientific governance bodies.
- Expands the cutting-edge expertise and capacity, develops novel platforms, and grows the depth of knowledge in cell therapy research development.
- Evaluates preclinical/clinical-stage licensing and collaboration opportunities.
- Ensures the success of key external collaborations by developing focused research plan and providing appropriate collaborative support
- Mentors and develops talent, providing performance feedback, training opportunities, and exposure to new assignments
- Builds a culture of scientific excellence, teamwork, and innovation. Optimize organization structure for clarity, collaboration, and effectiveness.
- PHD or MD/PhD with 12+ years of directly relevant pharmaceutical industry experience in immune oncology, immunology, and/or cell therapy.
- A deep scientist with broad knowledge in immunology and/or oncology and extensive working experience in in vitro/ex vivo/in vivo T cell and/or NK biology, as evidenced by a strong publication and patent record.
- An accomplished drug hunter in biologics and/or cell therapy discovery and early development, as demonstrated by a strong track record of advancing programs to IND. A deep understanding of pre-clinical, clinical regulatory requirements, and corresponding translational endpoints to enable human studies.
- An experienced organizational leader with ability to think strategically, develop tactic plan and aggressively execute, to nurture and develop talents, and to effectively collaborate across functions and across sites with a track record of delivering project milestones within budget and timeline. Experience in leading a large research organization with more than 200 scientists.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication, management, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to address complex scientific problems with practical research plan and efficiently execute and deliver. A proven record of making critical scientific decisions and demonstration of a thoughtful and decisive approach.
- Strong self-motivation, high integrity, clear transparency, attention to detail, and ability to think independently and fully integrate into a high achieving team environment.
- Excellent management and leadership skills and the ability to mentor and develop strong contributors. A track record of inspiring and aligning organizations around goals and contributing as an active role model in company values.
- Proven history of building relationships and fostering engagement and alignment across cross-functions and cross-sites.
- Ability to work independently and effectively on multiple programs and also collaboratively and productively in a dynamic team environment across multiple continents.
- Must be fluent in chinese.
Working with Seven Life Science:
We have been helping professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK Life Science, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.