Job Reference: 62079
Specialist Clinician – Corporate Parenting Clinical Team
- Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire
- £40 - £40 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for a temporary Specialist Clinician to work with the Corporate Parenting Clinical Team in Huntingdon. This position is initially for a period of 6 – 9 months and is paying £40.00 per hour (paid to you via an umbrella company). Part-time or full-time hours would be considered.
The purpose of the Specialist clinician, is to provide evidence based complex assessment and treatment to children across Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
Working with complex individual and family situations with intergenerational trauma, support children, young people and their families who are experiencing signs of mental health and emotional distress.
Offer consultation to social care teams, hospitals, schools, other statutory and non-statutory organisations to improve inter-agency collaboration in the provision of timely, accessible and responsive child centred interventions for children and their families. (All cases held within the service must be open to the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough City Councils.)
- To provide specialist mental health/psychological/psychotherapeutic assessments and interventions using the appropriate interpretation and integration of complex data from a variety of sources including psychological and neuropsychological tests, self-report measures, rating scales, direct and indirect structured observations and semi-structured interviews with children, family members and others involved in the child’s care.
- To formulate and implement plans for the formal psychological/psychotherapeutic treatment and/or management of children and young people in psychological or emotional distress, based upon an appropriate conceptual framework of the child’s problems, employing methods based upon evidence of efficacy, across the full range of care settings.
- To be responsible for implementing a range of psychological/psychotherapeutic interventions for individuals, carers, families and groups, within and across teams employed individually and in synthesis, adjusting and refining psychological formulations drawing upon different explanatory models and maintaining a number of provisional hypotheses.
- To evaluate and make decisions about clinical intervention, taking into account both theoretical and therapeutic models and highly complex factors concerning historical, environmental, biological and developmental processes that have shaped the individual, family or group.
- To formulate effective care plans in collaboration with the child and family and work in ways which are sensitive to the needs of families from a range of social, cultural and religious backgrounds.
- To provide highly specialist consultation, advice and guidance to other professionals at all levels working with families both within the service and in partner agencies. This will include liaison and working with professional networks involving complex issues.
- To refer the child and family to an appropriate service when the presenting needs cannot be met by the service.
- To work jointly and collaboratively with other team members to enhance and develop work with children, adolescents and their families by providing specialist knowledge and skills.
- Degree within OT/Nursing/Psychotherapy/Educational/ Clinical or Educational Psychology/Social Work.
Experience: 2+ years working within a similar role.
Compliance: Proof of right to work in the UK and references covering the last 3 years.
Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
Hours: Part-time or full-time hours.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.