18+ Support Officer
- Location: Gateshead, England
- Salary: £18 - £18 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
- Contact: Sam Boggis
Seven Resourcing are looking for a temporary 18+ Support Officer to work in Gateshead. This position is initially for a period of 3 months and is paying £18.00 per hour (paid to you via an umbrella company). The role will involve working Monday – Friday (9am – 5pm).
- To undertake needs assessments in line with agreed policies, procedures and guidance.
- To develop, formulate, implement, maintain and review pathway plans in line with agreed service policies and procedures.
- To provide advice (including practical advice) and support to Care Leavers in relation to their entitlements.
- To ensure all allocated cases are subject to appropriate review in relation to individual need and local and national policy and legislation and that the views of young people and their families are sought in advance of any formal meetings and to support their full contribution and engagement in assessment, planning and review processes.
- To promote the education and aspirations of looked after children and young people leaving care.
- To ensure that record keeping, and report writing is timely and accurate and fully compliant with the Council’s recording systems and evidences the voice of the young person and their journey.
- To participate in such activities as directed by the team manager that contributes to the ongoing review and improvement of practice and service standards within a culture of learning and continuous improvement.
- To take responsibility for ensuring individual practice is subject to continuous improvement and meets with local and national professional standards, including attending training and professional development events and activities relevant to the role.
- To develop and embed multi-agency and multi-disciplinary approaches so that looked after children and care leavers receive holistic interventions that promote a positive journey though intervention and support.
- To work within the Councils scheme of delegation and authorisation and ensuring that all recommendations and decisions are brought to the attention of the designated manager.
- To work flexibly in order to meet the demands of the service.
- NVQ Level 3 in Health and Social Care (or equivalent).
Experience: 2+ years working within a similar role.
Compliance: Current DBS check and references covering the last 2 years.
Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.