Job Reference: SAM102
Accommodation & Lettings Officer
- Dorchester, Dorset
- £18 - £22 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for a temporary Accommodation and Lettings Officer to work in Dorchester, Dorset. This position is initially for a period of 3 months and is paying £18.00 – £22.00 per hour (paid to you via an umbrella company).
To actively make a positive and professional contribution in the provision of a comprehensive and efficient housing service. To manage all aspects of the councils’ supply of temporary accommodation and provide an effective Choice Based Letting Service.
- To directly manage temporary accommodation so that it is in a permanent lettable state, and report repairs as required and ensure any communal areas are clean and safe this will involve visiting premises whist loan working.
- To maintain and update comprehensive records in connection with the council’s temporary accommodation stock.
- To administer the movement of occupiers in and out of all forms of temporary accommodation and keep records of tenant movement. This will include sign ups, assisting claiming housing benefit claim and end of tenancy visits, move on from TA to make best use of stock and in to minimise use of B&B.
- To control the council’s liability, monitor HB payments and input rents received, tackle anti-social behaviour, pursue accommodation charge arrears, investigate suspected abandonment, organise storage and disposal of former tenants possessions.
- To help and encourage and support occupants, alerting Housing Officers and other partners of any housing support need issues that arise.
- To act as a point of liaison between the councils and stakeholders, to include temporary accommodation landlords, the police and social services.
- To provide timely, accurate statistics for government returns and other in house statistics on a monthly, or otherwise agreed basis
- Qualifications:A benchmark of 3 GCSE’s (or equivalent) including Math and English, at Grade C or above, or able to demonstrate relevant experience.
- Experience: Experience working in a local authority housing service or registered provider.
- Compliance: Current DBS check and references covering the last 2 years.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.