Job Reference: 56265
- Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire
- £400 - £400 per day
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for a temporary Accountant to work in Stoke. This position is initially for a period of 6 months and is paying £400.00 per day (paid to you via an umbrella company).
- To work as part of a developing commercially focused team to provide financial and commercial advice to a range of services and transformational projects across the Council.
- To provide financial and commercial advice in relation to the procurement, negotiation, implementation and contract management of major Council projects and national finance initiatives.
- To support the delivery of an integrated, robust financial planning process by the provision of high quality, accurate, timely and relevant information.
- To ensure that all strategic and operational plans are supported by the provision of high quality, accurate, timely and relevant information and robust investment appraisals.
- To provide high quality, accurate, relevant and timely monitoring and forecasting information.
- To provide high quality, accurate, relevant and timely financial reporting information to meet statutory and stakeholder needs including service managers, Elected Members, partners, auditors and the public.
- To provide direction, financial advice and guidance to stakeholders/service managers and working groups as required.
- To assist the Team Manager in providing strategic financial direction for the City Council ensuring that all statutory requirements are adhered to and policy and performance standards are met.
- To assist the Team Manager in dealing with financial management accounting, budgeting and reporting matters and to deputise as required.
- To provide specialist financial services on behalf of the City Council.
- To provide financial and commercial advice, support and information in respect of the strategic management, transformation and operational delivery of a range of council services. This will include development of financial and commercial aspects of business cases, securing approval of business cases from chief officers, elected members and external organisations.
- To provide financial and commercial advice in relation to the procurement of major projects from specification, through bid evaluation and, negotiation including complex procurement requiring competitive dialogue.
- Assisting in the establishment of operational contract management arrangements including financial management and accounting processes, procedures and reporting mechanisms.
- To work closely with relevant project directors, project managers and multi-disciplinary project teams including internal and external advisers to successfully deliver projects in accordance with the Council’s corporate objectives and financial governance standards and within approved timescales.
- To deliver high quality, efficient financial, accounting and budgeting services to support the City Council in delivering its corporate aims and objectives.
- To contribute towards the compilation, monitoring and reporting of the Council’s integrated Medium Term Financial Strategy and other related plans.
- To provide effective financial and accounting analysis in support of City Council projects and desired outcomes.
- To provide strategic analysis and financial advice to stakeholders to support the Council in its delivery of corporate aims and objectives.
- To contribute towards the delivery of the Council’s statutory Statement of Accounts in line with professional and statutory requirements.
- To contribute towards the formulation, implementation and review of all appropriate service plans.
- Qualifications: CCAB Qualified with full current membership and CPD participation.
- Experience: Record of success in supporting sustainable improvements with the ability to help translate strategic objectives into operational plans.
- Compliance: References covering the last 2 years.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.