Accountant – Education Service
- Location: Southwark, England
- Salary: £529.46 - £529.46 per day
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
- Contact: Sam Boggis
Seven Resourcing are looking for a temporary Accountant to work with the SEND Service in Southwark. This position is initially for a period of 3 months and is paying £529.46 per day (paid to you via an umbrella company). The working hours are Monday – Friday from 9am – 5pm.
The Divisional Accountant in SEND will be responsible for monitoring and forecasting for all expenditure and income within the SEND service within the Education department. In addition post holder will support the oversight and management of financial benefits in the Education Budget Recovery Programme, including the delivery of the Safety Valve programme. The post holder will ensure that project deliverables relating to finance and and benefits delivered in line with the Safety Valve Programme submission to the Department for Education (DfE).
The post holder will be required to obtain, analyse and provide auditing information relating to each of the identified projects within the Safety Valve Programme to assure senior leaders across the Council of the progress being made on the financial benefits of the programme.
Provide expert analysis and advice to aid the strategic decision making.
Provide high quality information and professional financial advice to budget holders and senior officers.
- Work with members of the Education Budget Recovery Board, Safety Valve Delivery Group and Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) Leadership team, to support financial and project deliverables that sit within the Safety Valve Delivery.
- Undertake financial due diligence on financial progress, in relation to Budget Recovery and Safety Valve Delivery Programme projects to ensure that financial benefits are line with submissions to Council and Governmental departments.
- Lead on the development and adoption of appropriate and proportionate financial metrics across the Programmes, to ensure that financial monitoring and evaluation is delivered in a consistent way for the Programme.
- To undertake Highlight Reporting ensuring that financial benefits for projects in the Budget Recovery and Safety Valve Delivery Programmes are clearly identified and reported on to senior leaders within the Local Authority.
- To contribute to risk management activities within the Programme, as required by the Programmes Team for reporting purposes.
- To actively work with stakeholders using a range of communication techniques and styles to communicate the expected outcomes for the Budget Recovery and Safety Valve Delivery Programmes.
- Qualifications: CCAB qualified or part qualified with equivalent experience.
- Experience: 1+ year of postgraduate experience within a similar role.
- Compliance: Proof of ability to work and live in the UK. 2 years references.
- Hours: 36 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Education:
We have been helping teachers find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK education, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.