Administrator – Blue Car Badge
- Location: Jarrow, Tyne and Wear
- Salary: £12.38 - £15.47 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for a temporary Blue Car Badge Administrator to work in Jarrow. This position is initially for a period of 3 months and is paying £12.38 (PAYE) or £15.47 (umbrella) per hour. The working hours are Monday – Friday from 9am – 5pm.
To provide an efficient and effective service for people applying for Blue Badges, and to carry out a range of administration duties to support the service.
To process applications, check and evaluate the information provided in support of the application, and determine eligibility for blue badges where appropriate.
- Maintain accurate records in the Social Care database and national Blue Badge Digital Service.
- Communicate with applicants using a range of methods including digital technologies.
- Process e-mails to receive relevant information, including application forms, card payment notifications and evidence to support eligibility criteria.
- Ensure renewal notifications are sent and actioned to enable replacement badges to be processed within relevant timescales.
- Gather any additional information required from the applicant and relevant health professionals.
- Carry out initial desk top assessments using a scoring matrix, for both non-visible and mobility applications, where decisions can’t be made based on information already available.
- Provide clear evaluation to make eligibility decisions, or to inform further assessment, and set up further assessment appointments.
- Effectively communicate with the applicant, or their representative, regarding the outcome of the application, either by telephone or face to face. Ensure clear information is provided regarding the reasons eligibility is/is not met, and follow up with an individualised letter.
- Monitor applications which are not completed within 12 weeks, follow up with the applicant and close application where appropriate.
- GCSE qualifications Grade C/Level 4 or above.
Experience: 2+ years working within a similar role.
Compliance: 2 x references and proof of right to work in the UK.
Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.