Afghan Speaking Family Support Worker
- Location: Cambridge, England
- Salary: £21.24 - £24.05 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
- Contact: Sam Boggis
Seven Resourcing are looking for a temporary Afghan Speaking Family Support Worker to work in Cambridge. This position is initially for a period of 3 months and is paying £21.24 – £24.05 per hour (paid to you via an umbrella company).
To support a number of refugees who have been resettled or will be resettled in Cambridge as part of the Home Office Syrian Vulnerable Persons Relocation Scheme.
To support individuals and families to settle in to life in Cambridge and to be the main point of contact between them and statutory and voluntary agencies.
To ensure that the criteria within the statement of requirements of the SVPR Scheme are delivered.
In agreement with the line manager; assess individuals’ needs, provide support as required including sign posting to more specialised services as needed.
To attend appointments with clients as required, and interpret for them as necessary.
- To be the named main contact between the refugees and all statutory and voluntary services for the first 12 months (and possibly longer) of the arrival of the refugees in Cambridge.
- To work to assess the needs of the families and provide individual targeted support/action plans for them in line with the SVPR Scheme requirements.
- To attend appointments with the families as required and interpret for them. You must be able to speak fluent Arabic and English.
- To provide regular updates as required on the clients progress and to assist the line manager to produce service outcome reports for the Home Office.
- To develop positive relationships with specialist services to enable individuals to be supported as needed. To respond to, and refer as appropriate, any safeguarding issues which arise.
- To prepare individual targeted support/action plans to address specific problems with the tenants to enable them to meet their housing related obligations.
- To administer and arrange multi agency meetings as agreed to identify shared solutions to problematic client issues.
- To participate in appropriate staff training activities, meetings and supervision as required and to work within the agreed boundaries of the role.
- Qualifications: N/A.
- Experience: Fluent in Arabic and English and at least 2 years front line experience of working with families with support needs.
- Compliance: Current DBS check and references covering the last 3 years.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.