Job Reference: 55742
Anatomical Pathology Technician – Sheffield City Council
- Sheffield, South Yorkshire
- £22 - £22 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care is looking for a locum Anatomical Pathology Technician to work with Sheffield City Council.
Pay rate – £22 per hour
As a member of a team to contribute to the effective provision of a comprehensive Mortuary Service at the Medico-Legal Centre
- Admit bodies and record accurate and complete information for the period they remain at the Medico-Legal Centre in accordance with procedures using IT systems as necessary
Assist with all types of post-mortem examination including Cat 3 Risk as directed by the pathologist and reconstitute bodies to the highest possible standard.
Be on the standby rota to assist with forensic post-mortem examinations and admittance of bodies associated with forensic cases
Carry all out correct processes and procedures in respect of retained tissue specimens and their tracking and transfer
Prepare bodies and coordinate arrangements for identification and viewing
Communicate effectively and sympathetically with bereaved families
Clean the post-mortem rooms, mortuary suite, instruments and other mortuary equipment to the highest standard.
Maintain adequate stocks of equipment, materials and laundry.
- Qualifications: Certificate in Anatomical Pathology Technology
- Experience: 2+ years working within a same or similar role.
- Compliance: Proof of right to work and DBS dated within the last 12 months (or registered on the online update service.)
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.