Job Reference: RQ771927
Animal Welfare Officer / Dog Warden
- Islington, Greater London
- £21.33 - £27.93 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care are looking for an experienced Dog Warden for Islington Council on a temp contract initially.
Responsible for administering animal welfare legislation and providing advice and support towards promoting the well-being, safety and health of animals.
The job role will involve collecting stray dogs and kennel duties. Investigating Animal Welfare, barking dogs and ASB complaints. Candidate may be required to work outside normal working hours on a rota system to collect stray dogs.
- To administer animal welfare legislation, advise on animal welfare matters and promote well-being, safety and health of animals through education and publicity
- Investigate complaints and undertake investigations, taking appropriate actions to resolve including the service of notice, preparation of evidence, prosecutions and attending court to give evidence
- Undertake licensing functions in respect of animals and advice traders and consumers
- Be responsible for the removal, collection, transportation, boarding and rehoming of animals in the council’s care including the identification of minor ailments and arranging for veterinary care when needed
- Participle in the stray dog collection service including being available out of hours and in locations other than Islington
- Undertake chipping of animals
- Drive a Council vehicle
- Receive and record payments
- 2+ years working in a similar role, experience in all aspects of animal welfare/dog warden duties
- Experience in handling dogs including dangerous dogs is essential
- Compliance: Clean driving license
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.