Job Reference: 56249
Anti-Social Behaviour Officer
- Blyth, Northumberland
- £14.86 - £14.86 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for a temporary Anti-Social Behaviour Officer to work in Blyth, Northumberland. This position is initially for a period of 2 months and is paying £14.86 per hour (PAYE and umbrella payment options available).
To operate over a specific technical area of work activities and deal with the requests for service arising in that field. To be responsible for the day to day work activities of that section and ensure necessary actions are taken to achieve the objectives of the area team and service. To assist in the delivery of the strategic objectives of Safer Northumberland and the Council’s obligations in relation to Section 17 of the Crime and Disorder Act 1998, Clean Neighbourhoods & Environment Act 2005 & Environmental Protection Act 1990.
- Investigate cases of anti-social behaviour, across all property tenures and in public open spaces and work in partnership to resolve them – home and site visits when required.
- Manage a day-to-day caseload, including gathering evidence, undertaking surveillance and the installation and monitoring of surveillance equipment in accordance with RIPA. Coordinate and/or participate in operations with the Police and other partners (including out of hours).
- Interview all relevant parties involved in cases keeping details notes and records of all visits and meetings. Maintain accurate records of all aspects of a case, utilising computerised and manual systems, as appropriate.
- Take action to enforce tenancy conditions and to deal with acts of anti-social behaviour related to other property tenures. Provide and take witness statements and prepare case files for civil proceedings and provide intensive support for victims and witnesses. Attend Court on behalf of the Council, to provide evidence and ensure all follow-up actions are completed.
- Develop and deliver proactive ways of tackling anti-social behaviour, including educational and diversionary activities.
- Develop and implement sustainable problem solving solutions.
- Prepare, deliver and manage Acceptable Behaviour Agreements (ABA) Delegated officer(s) to offer expert advice and liaise with legal in the absence of the Area Housing Manager.
- To identify, and maximise relevant funding opportunities for tackling crime and disorder and evaluate output/effectiveness.
- Develop and deliver training to partners regarding the multi agency approach to problem solving.
- Qualifications: Degree/qualification within a relevant field.
- Experience: Considerable recent and relevant experience related to the post.
- Compliance: References covering the last 2 years and proof of right to work in the UK.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.