Approved Mental Health Professional (AMHP)
- Location: Hampshire, England
- Salary: £45 - £45 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care are currently looking for an experienced, diligent, and compassionate Approved Mental Health Professional (AMHP) for a position based in Hampshire.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for managing a caseload of individuals dealing with diverse mental health issues. This role requires an empathetic individual who is committed to promoting recovery and wellbeing for individuals facing mental health challenges.
1. Undertake professional assessments for individuals experiencing mental health problems, support their families and help to determine the level of risk involved.
2. Coordinate with multi-disciplinary teams to design and implant holistic, recovery-focused care plans.
3. Make decisions on appropriate interventions, hospital admissions, and discharge processes in conjunction with psychiatric doctors and the wider mental health team.
4. Conduct mental health assessments within the Community Mental Health team and maintain professionally autonomous responsibility for cases during the working agreement.
5. Maintain up-to-date knowledge of mental health legislation and changes in practice or policy, implementing these changes within your practice.
6. Provide regular supervision and advice to junior staff within the team to develop their skills and raise the standard of care provided.
7. Develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders, community organizations, and other health care professionals to ensure continuity of care.
1. Qualified and registered as a Social Worker, Nurse, Occupational Therapist or Psychologist under the relevant professional body.
2. Approved AMHP qualification and currently practicing as an AMHP.
3. Demonstrable experience in working with individuals with mental health issues.
4. Understanding and commitment to applying Equal Opportunities policies and practices.
5. Excellent understanding of the relevant legislations, policy and guidelines in relation to mental health.
6. Valid Driving License and willingness to travel across the region to deliver high-quality care and support.
This is an exceptional opportunity to make a difference in your community, working with vulnerable individuals who need your expertise. If you have a passion for mental health and are a committed, hard-working professional, then we would love to hear from you.
Working with Seven Resourcing:
Established in 2011, Seven Resourcing is one of the UK’s largest suppliers of temporary and ad-hoc professionals. Rated ‘Excellent’ on Trustpilot from 2000+ reviews, and with 20+ major recruitment awards, we take pride in knowing we can find you the best possible rates and a role you can be proud of.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, but we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please get in touch with our candidate care team.