Area Manager – Housing
- Location: South Shields, England
- Salary: £24.13 - £28.71 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
- Contact: Sam Boggis
Seven Resourcing are looking for a temporary Area Manager to work with the Housing and Area Management Service in South Shields. This position is initially for a period of 6 months and is paying £24.13 – £28.71 per hour (PAYE and umbrella payment options are available).
To work with Elected and Board Members, communities, colleagues and partners to deliver outstanding, pro-active and responsive housing and area management services.
To ensure the service provides the highest quality of customer care and focus, through a positive can do culture with an outcome based approach to achieving agreed priorities and targets within the service areas.
To ensure that performance standards and targets are in place and are understood by staff and that effective monitoring, review and continuous development processes are in place.
To lead, manage and co-ordinate the delivery of an integrated approach to housing, housing plus and area management, in particular cleaner, safer and greener services in neighbourhoods.
To promote and help to achieve the company’s commitment to sustainable communities via responsive area and estate based services that are consistently excellent.
- You will be responsible for delivering high quality integrated customer focused tenure blind Housing, Housing Plus and Area Management Services within the Borough.
- Focus on achieving excellence in service delivery by meeting legal obligations and performance targets/standards and ensure the service has a consistent strong performance culture.
- Ensure that external, statutory and regulatory obligations, performance and financial targets are met.
- Develop a performance related culture within the teams ensuring the highest standards of customer care and to ensure that services are monitored effectively and standards and targets are understood by staff.
- Identify, promote and implement tenancy sustainment initiatives that enhance the sustainability of tenancies.
- Be responsible for the development and delivery of specific service improvements as part of our corporate service improvement plan.
- Effectively manage change within the company.
- Ensure that financial and all other resources of the service are managed within agreed plans; to identify and implement opportunities for making best use of all resources to deliver a value for money service.
- Be aware of the external environment and keep abreast of developments in the social housing and related fields.
- Ensure safeguarding is mainstreamed into the work of all teams.
- To ensure South Tyneside Homes provides proactive, high quality and customer focussed housing and area management services.
- Develop collaborate and multi-agency working with statutory and voluntary organisations involved in the provision of advice, support and accommodation for older people, representing the Housing Plus Service in joint planning across such agencies.
- Hold a degree or equivalent in a relevant subject and/or appropriate professional experience or willing to work towards a degree.
Experience: Experience of working in an area management, housing plus, community safety, tenancy services and/or social housing at a senior management level.
Compliance: Proof of right to work in the UK and references covering the last 2 years.
Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.