- Location: Southampton, England
- Salary: £20.67 - £22.73 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
- Contact: Sam Boggis
Seven Resourcing are looking for an interim Asbestos Manager to work in Southampton. This position is initially for a period of 6 months and is paying £20.67 – £22.73 per hour (PAYE and umbrella payment options available).
- To act as the Appointed Person under the Control of Asbestos Regulations (CAR) for the asbestos management of Southampton City Council’s domestic, corporate, and commercial portfolios.
- Lead the Asbestos Team within Asset Management, to ensure the Council meets its objectives for the management of asbestos, allocating tasks, setting team and individual objectives and monitoring team performance.
- To be responsible for the ownership, development, and implementation of the Council’s Domestic and Corporate Asbestos Management Plans, ensuring that Southampton City Council meets its duties under the Control of Asbestos Regulations for domestic, and non-domestic premises and their general and specific duties of care to residents, SCC staff, contractors and members of the public that may access the Council’s buildings.
- To develop and deliver a risk-based programme of asbestos management surveys for SCC properties, ensuring consistency and quality of completed surveys and data by the effective use of assurance procedures.
- Provide professional and technical support across Property Division and the wider Council to ensure compliance on all aspects of asbestos management. Advise on changes to legislation and assist with altering the delivery of the services accordingly.
- Actively control Property Division’s Domestic and Corporate Asbestos Management Plans (Domestic-AMP & Corporate-AMP) and to regularly review and update the plans, including to inform / input into revisions to Southampton City Council policies in line with updated HSE guidance & regulations, and in line with business needs.
- Lead the development and documentation of processes and procedures related to the management of asbestos in Southampton City Council’s housing & non housing properties.
- In collaboration with Corporate Health and Safety, lead the implementation of the Council’s replacement asbestos register system (Keystone Asbestos Register) including the evaluation of existing SCC asbestos records for their accuracy and relevance.
- The postholder will have lead responsibility within Property Division for asbestos data management, and the design of system improvements.
- To set the Asbestos Team (SMART) objectives to deliver the requirements of the Council’s Asbestos Management Plans, and related Policies and Procedures.
- Monitor Team performance through the timely completion of formal 1:2:1s, performance reviews and progress meetings.
- Evaluate available relevant construction age analysis and asbestos information to develop a detailed risk-based strategy to meet the requirements of the domestic asbestos management plan for the asbestos survey of all relevant properties over a 5-year programme period.
- The post-holder will be required to ensure resources are accessible to deliver the domestic survey programme and monitor the delivery and cost control of that programme.
- Responsible for the development and delivery of programmes of asbestos removal of known or future identified asbestos materials in-line with the requirements of the Domestic AMP and Corporate AMP.
- Qualifications: Educated to degree level or minimum Level 4 Full technical certificate, BTEC, HND/HNC in construction, building surveying or similar discipline and equivalent relevant experience.
- Experience: Experience of managing asbestos in social housing (Local Authority or Housing Association) including extensive survey and removal projects.
- Compliance: 2 x references and proof of right to work in the UK.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.