Job Reference: 60222
Assessment and Enablement Worker
- Kettering, Northamptonshire
- £14.71 - £21.61 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for a number of temporary Assessment and Enablement Workers to work in Kettering, Northamptonshire. These positions are initially for a period of 12 weeks and are paying £14.71 to £16.62 PAYE/£19.12 to £21.61 UMB.
To support customers, their families and carers to retain or regain independence.
Carry out strength based assessments in accordance with the Care Act 2014, working in partnership with key providers in the community to enable service users to access local services.
- Undertake clear and accurate assessments and reviews of an individual in line with statutory guidance and best practice.
- Provide appropriate responses in situations which may be ambiguous and/or difficult, and use analytical skills to influence and inform assessment, decision making and interventions to deliver outcomes that best meet the customer need.
- Provide short term intervention plans for individuals as appropriate, ensuring individuals are supported and encouraged to access community support that is available, acquiring knowledge about different groups, races and cultures and needs which informs service delivery and understands the impact on customers.
- Effectively assess and manage risk, for example safeguarding and take appropriate action when required including supporting safeguarding investigations under the direction of a manager, social worker or other lead professional.
- Act as the lead professional providing support to enable the customer to achieve a reasonable degree of independence and autonomy, where a person is constrained by social or family circumstance.
- Use a person centred approach, listening and developing creative and personalised solutions to assist people to manage their lives independently for as long as possible. Work in partnership to improve collaboration, coordination and support to achieve and meet customer needs.
- Provide accurate, impartial information, support and guidance to customers and their families, including appropriate information relating to financial matters, ensuring any implementation of a support plan is within budgetary constraints.
- Provide written and verbal reports, appropriate for legal purposes, which are concise, informative and based on evidence to support problem solving and resolution.
- To manage own caseload, organise and plan work activities taking into account the need to prioritise tasks and responsibilities. To ensure assessments, reviews and support plans are undertaken and updated within an agreed timeframe.
Experience: 2+ years working within a similar role.
Compliance: Current DBS check and references covering the last 3 years.
Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.